Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I bought the bike brand new in Fall 2012. Since new, it's running too rich; the exhaust tip is always black. At low RPM, it sometimes cough.

Anyone has an idea what to look for before I take it to the dealer for troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Frank

[email protected]

·
Registered
687 Posts
Try adjusting the throttle position sensor, on the left side of the bike. It requires a T25 torx screwdriver, loosen the screw and slightly rotate the sensor (when I say slightly, I mean less than 1mm). I would say rotate it clockwise since I had the opposite problem on my bike (too lean) and I had to rotate the TPS counterclockwise. Take the bike for a ride and see how it affects the driveability. Might have to play with it a couple of times to get it set correctly. This adjustment (thanks to invader's advice) made a world of difference on my bike, particularly at small throttle openings.

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
Yeah, I'd try counterclockwise like the rest of us to richen up the low end lean cough/stumble. Main throttle sensor is below the subthrottle sensor... It will always be progressively too rich from mid rpm to redline.

What mileage is it at, and have you cleaned and re-oiled (not excessively) the air filter already?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys. My bike just hit 4,000km. Oil been changed at 800km (as per owner's manual), s/plugs changed at 2,500km, and air filter is clean and not excessively oiled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts