Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

2011 V Mildly Modified

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  zedseven50 
#1 ·
Here's a few pics of my 2011 V with a few bits added and a few bits removed. With the exception of Renthal bars, fancy levers and braided hoses it will probably remain this way. Thanks for looking....:)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hows the ride with out the windscreen?

#4 ·
Hi Weljo - the screen would have come off anyway cos I preferred the looks without, but I found that I experieced a distinct buffet around my neck at speeds as low as 40 mph. Without it it's fine, I'm used to riding naked bikes with little or no screen. Have managed short bursts of speed up to 110 mph and there's no issues.

#10 · (Edited)
Looks great. I did almost same mods.
Buy clips on ebay.
Search for those on ebay :
Nissan clips 01553-09241

Same clips as Kawasaki but 50% price than your local dealer.
Those will cover screen holes.

I used Puig Hugger - but yours looks much better.
I have ordered Aprilla RSV mirros and i have added additional LED stop with plate light.
Also I have mounted Hella Halogens on Havk Mounts and SW-Motech Crash Bars.
I cant remove passenger grab and pegs ... my wife would kill me :D

I have also bought horse gel pad and I am currently making seat mod based on it.

My plans : add heavy bar ends - to reduce vibrations.
MRA Vario Touring Screen - looks cool and used on long trips.
Evotech Radiator Guard - when I will finaly rob a bank.

I will post some pics soon.

#13 ·
Deep South UK, is it? You must be a fellow Texan! :D

Nicely done mods, though without the windscreen it does look a bit "unfinished." Perhaps the tiniest fly screen might hide some of the lumpiness and still look sharp. I particularly like the rear hugger - ventilated no less.

Plods, is it? Does that by chance find its origins in Inspector Plodder?

Lastly, very nice garden, and wonderful brick work your V is sitting on.

#14 ·
If I could find a tiny flyscreen for the V I'd have one. I know it doesn't look 100% without standard but would rather be without. Will be getting black rubber grommets to fill the holes where the four screws are either side. Powerbronze hugger is a good fit and looks good as you say. Got one on my Z750 (pics attached, not too clear tho'). Origins of plod - no idea, will ask my traffic cop mate...! And that's a 'herringbone' block layout on my drive..! Thanks for the comments....:yeahsmile:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.