Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe how fun and comfortable this bike is to ride.Wondering how the ride is on the highway for 300 or 400 miles?:feedback:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I think you'll love it just as much on the highway. The small fairing and windscreen provide some - but not complete - wind protection and the stock seat can make sitting for long stretches a bit of a butt burner. Having said that, the wind and the seat affects different riders in different ways, and you may find you love both. Power and manouverability are great for the highway and the high seating is good too for seeing all around you.

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
873 Posts
I did a 150 mile trip this weekend. My throttle hand cramped up and the seat was starting to get to me. I have an 09 but I think your seat is just as hard.... I am probably going to try a sheep skin seat pad and softer hand grips. The bike seemed to like running at 6000 rpm ~80 MPH best on the highway parts.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
On my 2011 I did 5600 miles over 17 days of riding last July... And 1600 miles over three days last June. It does just fine with the right prep. Oh... And 1100 miles over two days last January.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Used to ride an 08. Im an alumni here. 6 to 8 hour saddle days where common for me. Depending on where you ride that is over 300 miles. Bear in mind I ride mostly twisty mountain roads where average speeds are below 50. I have an airhawk seat pad that made a big difference. I switch to a tiger explorer. Much bigger and comfortable bike for two up touring. However, I admit that when the turns get tight I miss my old Versys.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
110 Posts
80 mph? Wow! I love my 2011 Versys but still trying to maintain at 65 mph on a highway. It's not the bike, it's me just getting used to wind noise and speed.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Versys tops out at 115 mph. I verified it in mine.
Best I've done is 104... a couple of times (GPS) although I've got my HT boxes permanently mounted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts