Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
This is like the maroon 2010 V-Strom 650 that I eyed for a long time before getting a 2010 V. If this picture is for real, it doesn't look any changes have been made to the body except the colour. This maroon looks really good in daylight.

Edit: Picture is correct. Here is the official version: http://kawasaki.com/Products/Product-Specifications.aspx?scid=6&id=510

·
Registered
93 Posts
with the introduction of the new ninja 1000 i dont think we will be seeing a versys 1000 any time soon.:thumbdown:

Since the 650 V came from the earlier Ninja drivetrain, I think a later 1 ltr V is almost inevitable.

As soon as Suzuki announced the V Strom 1000 was discontinued, their sales skyrocketed. I'm sure the KHI folks saw that. I would expect them to exploit that niche. I'll bet this happens. ( similarly I'll bet we see the 650V engine in an upgraded KLR....soon)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Since the 650 V came from the earlier Ninja drivetrain, I think a later 1 ltr V is almost inevitable.

As soon as Suzuki announced the V Strom 1000 was discontinued, their sales skyrocketed. I'm sure the KHI folks saw that. I would expect them to exploit that niche. I'll bet this happens. ( similarly I'll bet we see the 650V engine in an upgraded KLR....soon)
When? The 2011's are now released and neither of these dreams are realized.

·
Registered
180 Posts
if they do do a twin klr, i think it will be a different model all together. Besides beemer, there isnt really an adventure touring bike with a twin and the beemer is like $9-11k (depending on options). i could see them keeping the klr as is and making a cheaper version of beemers 650 twin adventure bike to compete in that market, but the price tag wont be near as affordable as the klr's 5,999.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I'd be happy if they bumped it to a 750 with 80HP and 60ftlbs, and kept the weight the same.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Not another fastest color argument
no, i can't stand it any more
i'm going nuts
no, wrong, i am nuts
help me
help me please
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
bang

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
That's IMPERIAL RED, not maroon...according to their website specs. Guess they didn't want to call it "Arrest-me Red". (Black is faster...heh)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Did you click the Kawasaki link? That is the new color for 2011 in the US.
Yup! Both US and Canada have black and maroonish-red 2011 V.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The best color for 2010 Versys until now, is the Yellow/Ebony

This red makes it looks like a bike for old people

·
Registered
307 Posts
Glad I was wrong... we did get the short end of the stick on colors for 08-10 years.... especially Blue... (barfing smiley)

:D

Not that I can afford a 2011 anyway! ha...

Soon, I'll have a Pearl White V, so who cares? lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
No silver wheels again! I was at least hoping for the yellow/orange scheme from the Euro version.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think that red is awesome, just what I was waiting for, the Versys has moved up my list a few notches....

That 2010 Black was a bit boring.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts