Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard and rumors regarding the 2010 model?? Upgrades, changes, colors, release date, etc.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Has anyone ever seen or ridden a Z1000?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I haven't ridden one, but I've ridden with a guy who owns one. It's a nice looking bike in person, except for those weird exhaust cans. His is black. Looks very nice. The seat looks horribly uncomfortable. He loves the bike. In fact, he was looking to buy a Versys, but it was a little too tall for him. He sat on the Z1000 & bought it instead.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I looks a little bit like a liter ER6.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I don't really want a liter bike, but I sure would like a 750 or 800 Versys.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Bring it on!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I doubt there will be many if any changes to the 2010. Current economic conditions are more than likely restricting RD of changes such as a 1k cc version or anything major.

Maybe a new seat, maybe new colors but it I believe whatever changes may come will be cosmetic for the time being.

I think if the machine continues to do well and the people keep asking for changes, Kawi will give us what we want. But again, I wouldn’t expect to see any changes until things get better out there, 2012ish.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
We an check if Kawi is listening. Let's start a rumor about trading up to a V-Strom 1K. If the rumor gets loud enough Kawi might do something. :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Has anyone ever seen or ridden a Z1000?
I used to own one, a 2004 model. Put 33,000 miles on it and enjoyed every minute. Sold it to pick up a Yamaha FZ1, which nearly killed me (actually, the SUV that clipped me almost did, but whose being too accurate!:D). I took about 9 months off and picked up the Versys in April. So far I have about 6,600 miles on her and am very happy. More comfortable than the Z1k, better wind protection with the Givi screen I put on and I really like the hard bags.

Don't get me wrong, the Z1k is a great bike and a blast to ride. At this point, the V is better for me, but YMMV...:teetertooter:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Hmmm... A Versys 250. Didn't see that comin'. I would worry about the bike being too heavy for the motor. Let's be real, the Versys ain't the fastest thing as it is. However, I do feel that would be a great beginner bike.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If they do a 250 Ninja based Versys, I would trade down lickety split. The 650 is about 75lbs too heavy for my taste and has about 25hp more than it needs. Especially cool if they use the Euro fuel injection and a decent suspension.

Paul

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts