Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi All:

The fan on my 2010 versys has died and I need a replacement. Haven't checked with my dealer yet, but online I've found that the OEM part was 59502-0041 and that this appears to have been replaced by 59502-5003. And WOW, I am suffering from sticker shock as I'm seeing prices of a mere $450 CAD and up plus shipping and taxes! Highway robbery!

Anyone have a suggestion on alternatives? The fan can be completely removed and a replacement installed in the original mounting holder, so all I need is something that can fit in those mounting holes.

Unless, of course, someone has a fan that is in great working order that fits this bike and they are willing to sell it to me?

·
Super Moderator
20,639 Posts
Try SEARCH.

Many reports on using Ninja (and OTHER) fans on the Forum, as well as USED.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try SEARCH.

Many reports on using Ninja (and OTHER) fans on the Forum, as well as USED.
Yes, I read those. But when I search for the Ninja fan I get the same price (new), as the versys of that model year shares that fan model, and I can't seem to find any used fans available....

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are there any bike scrap yards around you? Might be worth a trip to see if they have anything that you could use. There has to be a wrecked ninja or Versys out there somewhere.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes, I read those. But when I search for the Ninja fan I get the same price (new), as the versys of that model year shares that fan model, and I can't seem to find any used fans available....

Any other thoughts?
Get used one on from ebay or overseas. Fan failures arent that common so not much of a point in getting a new one. I bought ninja fan for 40 pounds from EU country. You can also lookup people selling fan and radiator as a package if you cant find just a fan by itself

·
Registered
21 Posts
When my fan went bad I bought a Ninja 650r fan off ebay for $25. At the time there were quite a few Ninja fans, but no Versys. If I recall correctly, it had 4 mounting legs as opposed to the 3 on the Versys. Cut off the unneeded mount and bolted right up.

Edit: 2010 model as well

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When my fan went bad I bought a Ninja 650r fan off ebay for $25. At the time there were quite a few Ninja fans, but no Versys. If I recall correctly, it had 4 mounting legs as opposed to the 3 on the Versys. Cut off the unneeded mount and bolted right up.

Edit: 2010 model as well
Just thought I'd post an update.

Thank you all for your comments. I was unable to find a fan locally or that was within a reasonable timeframe for age (all i could find were fans that were 2008-9 or older). So, I bought an aftermarket fan, a SPAL 5.2" fan. And while the mounting brackets for this fan did not align with the bolt holes on the radiator, I was able to cobble together a metal mounting strap to bridge the gap. Totally fixed my problem. Here in Canada, I was quoted approx. $500 for a new OEM fan....I spent under $150, including the metal mounting strap, and taxes on the new fan....Got the fan through Amazon, but for you US cousins, there are lots of options stateside....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts