Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My understanding is that 2009 models and below uses a pair of H7 bulbs (one for low beam and one for high beam). Does anyone know for sure that the 2010 model uses the same bulb sizes for both high and low?

Thanks,

Texas

·
Registered
7,981 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Invader. The Versys Owners Manual is a bit lacking when it comes to the specifics of bulb sizes. This is the extent of their information:

-----------------------
ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
Battery 12 V 10 Ah
Headlight:
High Beam 12 V 55 W
Low Beam 12 V 55 W
Tail/Brake Light LED
-----------------------

I suppose the Service Manual probably has this information, but I just haven't broke down to buy one yet.

Thanks again,

Texas

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HID Soon to be Installed

I just ordered an HID kit for my Versys. I have put HIDs on the past couple of bikes that I have had (including my current Burgman), and it was just about the best money I spent on my bikes.

I am doing something a little different this time though. This time I am going to run 5000K as low beam, and 3000K as high beam. For those of you who don't know, 5000K is the closest to pure white, while 3000 is more yellow. It should also be noted that you actually get more light output the lower you go in the light spectrum.

I don't have HIDs on my car (just lazy I guess). It isn't as important to me as having as much light as possible on my bike (risk factor is much higher). There are always a few on-coming cars that flash you, but we have deer standing in the middle of roads where we live, and I can't tell you the number of times that the extra light has provided me with more reaction time to save both the deer's life, and mine. So in the end, the little bit of annoyance it causes to other drivers is worth it.

As a side note: I notice that many more drivers will jump out in front of me (left turns, etc...) both day and night, when I am driving a bike without HID. I'm not sure for the reason for it, but having been a victim of a T-Bone back in 1998 by a lady in a Cherokee when I was on my Blackbird, I can tell you that it is very much appreciated when they wait the extra few seconds to merge/make left turns after I pass.

Anyway, I just thought that I would provide this information to anyone who has ever had questions about HID. There is also a power savings by using HID, as they draw less power after startup.

Texas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts