Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first service (at break in) done on the weekend. I mentioned guage cluster buzzing between 4500-550 RPM. The mechanic put in a rubber dampner kind of thing which many on this forum have done. PLease see the pic. The buzzing was gone completely!

BUT, the buzzing has now transfered to 3500-4500 RPM and it is more annoying than before. It is so annoying that I am tempted to take the rubber thing out and live with the older buzzing becasue it was less noisy than it is now. If I press the entire cluster down with my hand quiets down the buzzing. Irrespective of where on the cluster I put pressure, as long as the entire cluster gets pressed down, the buzzing goes away completely.

Any suggestions to troubleshoot this further.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Hey datawiz2012, if your willing to take the time and remove all your plastic and put spounge type tape around wherever anything touches and right around the cluster and I also put extra washers on all the screws it really helps or just crank up the ipod

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just read a post yesterday and will look for it. the buzzing can be from the white speedo/tach plate under the glass, it was on mine, another member did a great tutorial on it.

edit: The white face plate seems to be the problem for me, here's the fix:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6904

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like a winter project :(

·
Registered
295 Posts
I like the way you think, winter project! Wear earplugs and ride while you can! But do read the threads on killing the buzz, there are a variety of solutions, some probably work on the '10 too.:goodluck:
I do also have it on my close to new 2010, and just like you if I press the gauge down it vanishes! now getting some time to go through it all is a different issue altogether! lol

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Let it buzz for awhile, then take it apart and you'll see marks where the buzz is taking place. I just glued pieces of inner tube rubber to all of those points. and the buzz is gone.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took out the rubber thingy the dealer put in and of course the 3500-4500 RPM rattling noise is gone. I only get a harmonic buzz around 5K RPM which I can live with. On highway riding, I don't even hear out.

@ttpete: I think your idea is different. I will most probably go this way if I ever look into fixing it becasue the harmonic buzz isn't too bad at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts