Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase a 2009 Versys with 1600 miles on it. I have been riding about 3 years mostly on a ninja 500.

I do have one question. How easy is it to pop a wheelie. Thats the only thing I'm a bit nervous about. I do not want to pop wheelies.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,146 Posts
:welcome: You don't need to worry about wheelies on the Versys it can be done but you have to really want to.

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
I'm w/ Joe and his answer. I've NEVER intentionally 'wheelied' a street-bike, tho' I could pretty much wheelie "out-of-sight" when I raced dirt.

The thought of 450 (or MORE!) pounds getting out-of-control kinda holds me back....

:nono:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm w/ Joe and his answer. I've NEVER intentionally 'wheelied' a street-bike, tho' I could pretty much wheelie "out-of-sight" when I raced dirt.

The thought of 450 (or MORE!) pounds getting out-of-control kinda holds me back....

:nono:

I agree I prefer to be as safe as I can.. I am choosing the versus for nice country back roads with a great seating position..

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've performed one unintentional wheelie on my 2009. I missed my 1-2 shift on a hard launch and mismatched the revs, bringing the front up a couple of inches with clutch slip. If you avoid pulling crap like that, I don't think you have to worry about becoming an accidental unicycle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts