Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when Kawi typically announces & releases new bikes?

I'm about a month away from buying a new bike, and my local dealer has *one* '08 Versys left. (And, he's said it is likely the last one he'll get, period.)

To deposit, or not to deposit, that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler to suffer months of Versys-less agony to acquire a black (or orange, or green), possibly ABS-equiped 2009, Or to immediately take out wallet...

·
Registered
451 Posts
id get the 08 and when and if the 09 comes out and you think its worth it, trade the 08 in.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I made sure I bought an '08 in the fear that the '09 would be clogged up with California emissions junk. I would have loved to wait for the Green (as it's my favorite color). I guarantee though once you ride the V, you won't care what color it is.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I just checked the Kawi website and they have a link to the '09 Versys but it doesn't take you anywhere with any real information.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think they would stop importation after just one year. Kawasaki will probably export/import a 2009 model. I would like to know what color though. That will determine whether I buy an '08 or '09.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Kawasaki has already announced their early release bikes for 2009, the only two they have listed are the Ninja 500 and the Vulcan 500. It's on the bottom of their web page with a link. The only other items they have pre-released are offroad machines.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I just checked the Kawi website and they have a link to the '09 Versys but it doesn't take you anywhere with any real information.
I notice that also. I am checking daily, I think they are working on that imformation...:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I'll do you one better: Kawi *removed* some links from the 2008 Versys page: Intro, Spec, Photos, Request a Brochure.

Sounds like an announcement is coming. Has anyone heard if there is a press embargo in effect right now?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'll do you one better: Kawi *removed* some links from the 2008 Versys page: Intro, Spec, Photos, Request a Brochure.

Sounds like an announcement is coming. Has anyone heard if there is a press embargo in effect right now?
If you scroll down to the bottom and click Next >>, you are still able to get to photos and other pages... :)

Something is definitely coming (2009)... When you click back to present year... It take you to home page that I hope will be 2009 versys page in the next few days...:p

·
Registered
137 Posts
Saw a post on another board about 2009 Vstroms... Specs are now listed on their website and the 650's are going up by $300. I imagine due to our wonderful inflation/exchange rate that the versys will do the same for '09. I really like the black Versys and was hoping '09 would bring that, and perhaps ABS to the States.. but I went ahead and picked up an '08 because I was afraid the price and interest rates would be considerably higher for '09 and I found a decent deal.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Kawasaki has fixed the link for the Versys so it, once again, only shows the 2008 model. The Versys was an early release for 2008 so I am assuming they may take more time with it for 2009.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had an interesting talk with a dealer while waiting for a new tire to be fitted. He mentioned that Kawasaki wanted him to order all his 09 bikes now. His order form listed the V but only in red.

Dan

·
Registered
481 Posts
I had an interesting talk with a dealer while waiting for a new tire to be fitted. He mentioned that Kawasaki wanted him to order all his 09 bikes now. His order form listed the V but only in red.

Dan
2 red in 2 year? Highly unlikely... I prefer it black...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Bring a white and stainless bolts on the black engine. Black forks and trim panels.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Guess it depends on the rider, did 300 miles yesterday and was ready to go again. The seat works for me.

Dan

·
Registered
36 Posts
PCP Motorsports in Sacramento CA is placing their Kawasaki street orders the second week of September...the Versys should arrive...?

Have you noticed the motorcycle world is not very customer driven. I know I know the Versys (49 States version) came to the USA by customer request but it will be approximately fourteen months to get the 50 States version in California. The dealers around here don't seem very excited though Kawasaki should be since CA is about 17-18% of total sales for the USA. The emissions will most likely be the same as the Ninja 650R. Come on Kawasaki make some Californian's happy. :thumb:

·
Registered
49 Posts
i called Kawai's HQ and spoke with a guy named Jeff. He said the new line up will be announced the last weekend in September.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just went over 500 miles on my new '08, and I just love it. It's been over 20 years since I last rode, and this have been a fun change from my Doge Ram. And I can afford to drive this.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts