Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently picked up a 2009 Versys. It's my first bike in 20 years without a center stand. Guess I'm going to need a rear wheel stand and spools.

What is the bolt size that the spools need to be in order to screw in? Where is a good souce for them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The bolt size is 10mm with 1.25mm thread pitch. All 10mm spools should be 1.25 pitch. Be careful not to use standard 10mm bolts with 1.5mm pitch as they will damage your threads.

Sent from mTalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to ask, what brand of wheel stand works best with the Versys?

I know about Pitbull but I want to get a cheaper one if possible because at some point, I'm going to get a SW Motech center stand; just not right now.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Forgot to ask, what brand of wheel stand works best with the Versys?

I know about Pitbull but I want to get a cheaper one if possible because at some point, I'm going to get a SW Motech center stand; just not right now.
The harbor freight stands work pretty good on the 2009 versys. Sometimes you can find someone selling the pit-bull stand on craigslist for around
$50.00-100.00 dollars.

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welljo, tell me about your seat. Is it lower or higher or the same height as stock? Is the nose wider or more narrow than stock? Will it fit a Gen2?

·
Super Moderator
19,617 Posts
bcalan - quite a few of us have had THAT seat (I bought it first from Joe, then sold it to Alaskajeff...). For me it was TOO wide at the front part, and as far as I'm aware - the seats are the same for all three Gens..

·
Registered
96 Posts
:badidea: Three strikes.....

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Welljo, tell me about your seat. Is it lower or higher or the same height as stock? Is the nose wider or more narrow than stock? Will it fit a Gen2?

Its a Terry Adcock Flat Seat. I got it because i like to scoot back on the seat to stretch out. Very comfortable seat. Its a little wider than stock and a touch taller. No padding for a passenger though. I sold it when my girl started riding with me. I went through 7 seats on the V-650 and the Flat Seat was tied for 2nd place for comfort.

Heres a Baldwin Tall Seat i had.....

012 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
96 Posts
Seven (7) seats! You may have spent more on seats than I have to buy my '11 650. I have short legs so I'll stick with the stock seat for now. I like the windscreen also.

Reactions: weljo2001

·
Registered
239 Posts
Its a Terry Adcock Flat Seat. I got it because i like to scoot back on the seat to stretch out. Very comfortable seat. Its a little wider than stock and a touch taller. No padding for a passenger though. I sold it when my girl started riding with me. I went through 7 seats on the V-650 and the Flat Seat was tied for 2nd place for comfort.

Heres a Baldwin Tall Seat i had.....
Do you have a link to your chain cover? the plastic is going to break... eventually... on mine.

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts