Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here replaced the Gen 1 air filter with a paper element? I'd like to get away from the OEM filter which requires cleanaig and oiling..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well, you don't have to bother cleaning and oiling it if you just replace it with a new pre-oiled OEM one. I think it's about $32 from Partzilla. I like to have the second one oiled in a bag and ready to go so I don't have to wait for it to dry after cleaning. Then I can take the time to clean the dirty one later.

·
Super Moderator
19,595 Posts
Well, you don't have to bother cleaning and oiling it if you just replace it with a new pre-oiled OEM one. I think it's about $32 from Partzilla. I like to have the second one oiled in a bag and ready to go so I don't have to wait for it to dry after cleaning. Then I can take the time to clean the dirty one later.
I do this for my Gen 1 '08 also, altho' I bought my 'extra' air filter from someone on this Forum!

:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Registered
307 Posts
AliExpress has some decent K&N type filters, very cheap. The downside is that they take about 30 days to get to you. I like them way better than the stock ones.

Randy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts