Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I realize this is a noob question, but I cannot figure out what the difference is. I see that Telegraph review by Kevin Ash reports an ABS option in England, but not sure what makes the difference in the US. I tried searching the forum. Yes I am hoping for ABS. :thanx:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that makes sense. Couldn't figure out the "A" part and why there were so few of them for sale.0:)

Trying to make up my mind now on how much ABS worth to me
- 2009 for $3200 private sale
- 2012 for $4000 + shipping private sale - but in Black n Gold (OK yellow, but close enough for me!)
- 2014 with ABS for $5800....

The second question is how long am I going to keep it? My intention is in 2 years to move up to connie, fj, st, bmw r, etc so is it worth the gamble/investment...

Hmmmm...
:teetertooter:

·
Registered
274 Posts
In my mind ABS is always worth the price. You may ride your entire life and never need it, but if you do it is worth five times what you paid.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks that makes sense. Couldn't figure out the "A" part and why there were so few of them for sale.0:)

Trying to make up my mind now on how much ABS worth to me

- 2009 for $3200 private sale

- 2012 for $4000 + shipping private sale - but in Black n Gold (OK yellow, but close enough for me!)

- 2014 with ABS for $5800....

The second question is how long am I going to keep it? My intention is in 2 years to move up to connie, fj, st, bmw r, etc so is it worth the gamble/investment...

Hmmmm...

:teetertooter:

You can get a 2014 ABS for way cheaper than $5800. There's a ton of them advertised for $4500, which means add $500 or so for setup etc etc. $5k should get you a brand new one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I've seen three of the $4500 ones - and they were all sold immediately. Two from NYC area were apparently from a dealer that went out of business. Plus I didn't want to ship from too far away, though that may have been a wrong thought. The dealer I eventually purchased from (Cycle Exchange in Ledgewood, NJ) told me they shipped bikes frequently to Texas! Within 300 miles I could see, but 1,500 miles? Wow. I figured out that I was more interested in riding than in getting the absolute best price as I am signed up for the Basic Rider Course 2 the first Sunday in October, and I wanted to get some miles in before that day. Yeah, that's the ticket. Hilarious rationalization.
Will post with pics tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts