Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new here and am looking for a clean used V. I've come across a couple blue ones, but it seems they are different shades of blue, can that be true? Also, one has black body panels, the other silver. Was one stock and the other an option in '09?
Thanks in advance,

·
Premium Member
16,110 Posts
2009 came in two colors in the states. 1.Candy Lime Green 2.Candy Plasma Blue

Here it is with stock body panels.....

006 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huh, maybe the dealer/set up guy switched the green for blue, or the bike used to be green and for whatever reason the PO changed it to blue. Maybe?

·
Registered
521 Posts
First picture: Bone stock, literally 5 miles off the dealership floor
Second picture: After I traded somebody (with an '09 green one) their silver lowers for my black ones.

I am thinking the original owner of one of those bikes did the same thing....

:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Huh, maybe the dealer/set up guy switched the green for blue, or the bike used to be green and for whatever reason the PO changed it to blue. Maybe?
The Candy Plasma Blue is a tri-coat (silver base, blue mid/color, clear coat) and as such WILL look quite a bit different in different light. It's also quite possible one (or both?) bike(s) were laid down and repainted, or the owner just preferred a slightly different color.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Switching the lower panels is pretty common. Repainted body panels would make me suspicious. Good luck with your bike search, I'm sure you'll find a good one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts