Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm glad I installed a digital volt meter last year. Last week I noticed the volt meter reading 11.5 volts. Checked the battery...all good. Using a volt meter, I check voltage on the three wires from the stator...1.5v, 6v, 1.5v with engine running. Ordered a stator from eBay and installed it. Getting 14.1 at 2000 rpms now and battery is holding at 12.8v after engine shutoff. I highly recommend a volt meter install. You never know when the stator will failed. One of the coils was burnt and all the wires shorted together and burnt going to the rectifier. Install was easy...except for the magnet pulling the cover on installation. Install new gasket also. Remember to drain oil before removing stator cover.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,117 Posts
I'm glad I installed a digital volt meter last year. Last week I noticed the volt meter reading 11.5 volts. Checked the battery...all good. Using a volt meter, I check voltage on the three wires from the stator...1.5v, 6v, 1.5v with engine running. Ordered a stator from eBay and installed it. Getting 14.1 at 2000 rpms now and battery is holding at 12.8v after engine shutoff. I highly recommend a volt meter install. You never know when the stator will failed. One of the coils was burnt and all the wires shorted together and burnt going to the rectifier. Install was easy...except for the magnet pulling the cover on installation. Install new gasket also. Remember to drain oil before removing stator cover.

Thanks
Expect the stator to fail again , with stock regulator, need to go to series regulator, if you have photos of your stock failed stator please post here:https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/74-how-forum/16774-burnt-stator-stator-testing.html?highlight=burnt+stator
. I am working on a new regulator, hopefully it works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts