Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts on a Versys with 77000km.

The alternator was just replaced.

The owner is asking for just over three grand canadian.

Anyone know how long these engines will keep on ticking?

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
That is quite a few Kilometers, a couple shy of 50K miles, NOT unheard of for Gen 1 Versys. Some here have many more and then some with regular scheduled maintenance (like valve adjustment). Getting THAT documented information from the owner would be most helpful. If the overall condition of the bike is good I'd offer $2500 and see what happens... :thumb:
The Versys is a great bike, go for it. :goodidea:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I purchased my 2013 Dealer Demo with 4,449KM on it for just over four thousand Canadian. I have to believe there are better deals out there.

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts
My AZ bike has MORE than 52,xxx miles on it, and someone just posted up about being at 99,500 miles.

I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage if the bike's in good shape.

:goodluck:

:welcome:

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just sold my '07 with 89,000 km's for $2900. Stator replaced as well. You might be in the ball park depending on extras.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Picked up a 2006 ZX14 with full muzzy exhaust, Brocks Hindle muffler, Olin's suspension internals, pc5, centre stand, bar risers, givi bags, Puig screen, Pazzo levers, two power outlets, Ram mount and a few other little things for $4400cdn.

Too good of a deal to pass up and it's a blast to ride. Miss the Versys, just too many bikes and something had to go.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Other than the stator there was a problem with the seat rubbing through the wire loom and giving me an intermittent cut out at speed. Local dealer took care of it and it was never a problem again.

Tough little bike and a real blast to ride.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Thoughts on a Versys with 77000km.

The alternator was just replaced.

The owner is asking for just over three grand canadian.

Anyone know how long these engines will keep on ticking?

Thanks for your time!
I just purchased a 2010 with 9500km for $4300CDN. The price seems very high for such a high mileage bike. Shop around there are much better deals. Not sure what your location is but consider traveling to a larger nearby city like Montreal or Toronto with a UHaul motorcycle trailer - they're only $15/day to rent. Consult the Kelly Blue book for pricing - this is the high retail price for a perfect bike so you should normally pay less than this. Also remember most sellers have no clue what their bike is actually worth so will usually price based on other Kijiji prices which may differ wildly from actual selling prices.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts