Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after 32,000 hard fought miles, I finally lost a "Versys" logo on one of my V35 bags made by Givi for Kawasaki.

Anyone else have this problem? Been searching the site for the last hour trying to answer that question before asking it here, but no luck! :confused:

So, I've checked the parts catalog, and OEM luggage doesn't seem to be there. Does anyone know if I can replace that logo - who do I need to talk to to get a replacement? Thought I'd check here first for ideas before going to the dealer...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The Givi logo on my bags came loose. Rather than replace it with another, I removed the logo from both sides and replaced them with DOT red reflective material (available at Walmart or a truck stop, cheap). I used the Givi logo as a template. The red reflector looks good and gives you some side visibility that is lost when the OEM reflectors are removed to install the bags.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, I lost one of my logos also. Thought about seaching for one, but just figured they probably weren't available. After all, if nobody could be bothered to actually produce the red inserts for the Givi bags, that were pictured in the OEM catalog :mad:, why would they make replacement logos for a part that isn't designed to be removed?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I lost mine within about 5k miles... Though I really didn't care lol. As long as everything is still functional and the only effects are cosmetic, I usually fail to pay much attention.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update - heard back from Givi and they do NOT have the Versys logos. It was a Kawasaki thing.

My local dealer is looking into it. Will post more when I know!

BTW, if anyone has on they want to get rid of.... ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
There is NO part number. Contact the accessory division at Kawasaki in Irvine ,Ca. They usually have some squirreled away for individual cases like yours.:thumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is NO part number. Contact the accessory division at Kawasaki in Irvine ,Ca. They usually have some squirreled away for individual cases like yours.:thumb:
Great idea! I just filled out an online customer service email, so hopefully I'll get a response.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have two OEM bag Versys logos available

I removed these from my OEM bags a couple years ago.

How does $10 a piece (via paypal) - mailed - sound?

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was able to order "Givi" emblems for my bags from Givi. One of my "Versys" emblems fell off. They were $4.00 each and shipped free.

Any good ideas how to remove the remaining Versys emblem? Pry, Goo Gone?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE: From the dealer today - the "Versys" logos are no longer available and discontinued.

They have been replaced by the same size logo saying "Kawasaki". Next time I'm at the dealer I'll take a look at them and see if I can get a pic to post here.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I was able to order "Givi" emblems for my bags from Givi. One of my "Versys" emblems fell off. They were $4.00 each and shipped free.

Any good ideas how to remove the remaining Versys emblem? Pry, Goo Gone?
Pry, not a problem at all. Use your fingernail. To remove glue from painted surface wet a cloth with WD40, apply liberally, let soak for about 40 - 60 seconds, then just rub it off. Did mine last week - only removed the word Versys, kept the larger word Kawasaki.:goodluck:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts