Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello KV Forum,

This is my first post (on any site) and I thought it might be a great place to learn more about the bike
I just purchased last week. I have already read through the manual and have a basic understanding of the features and
technology on the Versys. A good friend of mine bought a 2009 a few years ago and I have spent time on it and liked the balance
and feel of the ride. I was close to buying the big Ducati Multistrada or the BMW GS 1200, but decided there were more bike than I really needed
at this point. I will likely double-back down the road and look at both bikes again but for now, the 650 Versys will work well.

The first thing I need to do (I've read everywhere) is replace the seat.
My friend's bike had been outfitted with the Corbin seat, so I think that's where I will start.

I hope to reach out to the group from time to time and hope this finds all of you well and enjoying the holiday season.
Safe riding and thanks for the invitation to join the Forum!

Best regards,
Jim Gray

·
Premium Member
16,147 Posts
:welcome: You might ride your friends bike for a distance to see if the Corbin is right for you. I went through 7 seats on my 09 and the Corbin was the worst for me. You should check out the Seat Concepts.......Seat Concepts - Products

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Welcome Jim,

Unlike weljo the Corbin on my V seems just fine for my backside. Why not see if your friend will swap saddles with you for a while. Should be a straight swap over.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello KV Forum,

This is my first post (on any site) and I thought it might be a great place to learn more about the bike
I just purchased last week. I have already read through the manual and have a basic understanding of the features and
technology on the Versys. A good friend of mine bought a 2009 a few years ago and I have spent time on it and liked the balance
and feel of the ride. I was close to buying the big Ducati Multistrada or the BMW GS 1200, but decided there were more bike than I really needed
at this point. I will likely double-back down the road and look at both bikes again but for now, the 650 Versys will work well.

The first thing I need to do (I've read everywhere) is replace the seat.
My friend's bike had been outfitted with the Corbin seat, so I think that's where I will start.

I hope to reach out to the group from time to time and hope this finds all of you well and enjoying the holiday season.
Safe riding and thanks for the invitation to join the Forum!

Best regards,
Jim Gray
Jim, I'm looking at buying a 2008. How do you like it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts