Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am trying to order up a set of pads to replace the ones on my wifes Versys but the sites I can find in Canada don't list the 07-09 Versys in their choices. Do the newer models use the same pads? Or can someone point me to a different model that uses the same pads?

I'd try the local dealer but they're also the local Triumph dealer and watching those assclowns at work makes me fear for my life.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
2007-2014 Versys 650, Ninja 650R and ER-6 (KLE650, EX650) all use the same brake pads... Which ones are you getting, and who from?

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Hi all, I am trying to order up a set of pads to replace the ones on my wifes Versys but the sites I can find in Canada don't list the 07-09 Versys in their choices. Do the newer models use the same pads? Or can someone point me to a different model that uses the same pads?

I'd try the local dealer but they're also the local Triumph dealer and watching those assclowns at work makes me fear for my life.
"Assclowns?" Great word. Canadian is it? I'll add it to my inventory with thanks. :thumb:

·
Registered
873 Posts
On Weljo's recommendation I changed my pads to Vesera brand. I probably spelled that wrong. Anyway they work great, I got both front and back sets for under $100 USD. Strangely the set I ordered does not say it applies to my 09 versys. However they have the exact same shape and fit. To me they are noticeably better than the stock pads. I'm working from a tablet with a slow WiFi or I would post a link to Weljo's post on where to get the pads for you...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yeah the Vesrahs fit other nikes as well, including, IIRC, SVs. I got the RJLs. I only found oit they fit because other fitments were listed under the bike they were selling them for.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh sweet, if I punch in the OEM# for my bike they come up on the site too, thanks for the find Invader.

I might check out different pads next time, but for now I'm going to go with a known entity on them. There was a slight* but noticeable difference between pads on my bike.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts

I replaced my front pads with EBC HH pads they made a huge improvement. I feel they are less likely to unexpectedly lock the front wheel and are easier to modulate under hard braking. Got them from here ......

Both Petes Superbike and Canadas Motorcycle carry them from $42 per disk, rear may be cheaper

you need the FA-229HH model for the front, they fit both the gen. 1 and 2 Versys. Left and right sides are different. Chances are the rear pads are not worn out as the fronts wear twice as fast as the rear in most cases.

Replacing the pads yourself is extremely easy on a bike.

http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/ebc-double-h-sintered-brake-pads.html

http://www.petes-superbike.com/kawasaki-front-brake-pads-c-2234_4_2980_3315_3320_3710.html

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Those look good invader, but I'm not seeing an option for the pads for my bike to pick up there. Might be worth doing separate orders if necessary but the only ones they list for a Triumph Tiger 800 don't even look like the same pad. http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/braking-cm55-sintered-sport-brake-pad.html
Front pads are listed for your 2008 Kawasaki KLE650 Versys in my first link... FA192HH rear brake pads are in my second link. Never mind their standard photo.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I was more concerned about my Triumph but I verified part numbers and all is well. I got the order in earlier this morning, so hopefully they're in by next week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts