Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2008 in red (only color?). It had a bout 22k miles on it when I purchased. It sat for a couple of weeks while I checked valve clearances and ordered shims. Most were at the lower end of their range and 1 exhaust valve was a bit tight. Since then I've commuted on it once or twice per week and have it on the roads seriously on Fridays. Loving the bike. :yeahsmile:

David

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It has a bunch of aftermarket parts: Hugger, piaa driving lights, large diameter handlebar, bag mounts (no bags, need to score those), stainless steel brake lines, rear stand spools, lowered front pegs...

I've seen reviews of the Versys that say it's buzzy. I came off a CB350 (1972) directly to this thing. It ain't buzzy!:thumb:

David

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
welcome. its called passion red xD i also have an 08, id add some hand guards and make sure to check your rad fan, its common for them to be jammed up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welcome. its called passion red xD i also have an 08, id add some hand guards and make sure to check your rad fan, its common for them to be jammed up
Tried to remember the add-ons by memory and missed that one. It has hand guards. The fan is free, checked it when I set the valve clearances.

Thanks for the pointers.

David

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts