Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm needing some info on the Meter assembly plug on the 08 model. I have an 07 manual but the Meter assembly plug on the 08 is different than the 07. I'm looking to find out what pin/wire is the tach wire in the plug. I have a manual on order but could really use this info now if anyone knows.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hooligan but nothing there i can use. I have an 07 manual, but the 07 and 08 are not alike when it comes to the metering assy plug. I know there is a tach wire in the bundle i just don't know which wire. The manual shows the 07 plug. I'm not very good at reading wiring diagrams so I'm not having much luck finding a tach wire in the harness. I tried to pick up the tach signal at the coil but for some reason that's not working for me.

·
Registered
217 Posts
WN,
The manual isn't clear on what color wire it is, as there are 4 wires coming off the ECU. It is pin 12 on the (meter plug) The 08 has a rectangular plug and the 07 have a square one.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WN,
The manual isn't clear on what color wire it is, as there are 4 wires coming off the ECU. It is pin 12 on the (meter plug) The 08 has a rectangular plug and the 07 have a square one.
Hope that helps.
Thanks Bad-Tat for the info but I was able to use one of the wires at the coil after all. My problem was a bad connection at the wire(my bad). The ccs-100cruise still needs a little fine tuning, but works very well. :thumb:

·
Registered
217 Posts
As long as it's working!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
...The ccs-100cruise still needs a little fine tuning, but works very well. :thumb:
How hard was the install on that? You have any problems hooking the cable actuator up to the Versys' throttle cam?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How hard was the install on that? You have any problems hooking the cable actuator up to the Versys' throttle cam?
The install was really very simple. It was my fourth install (the others were all Honda)and was probably the simplest so far. I will probably go back and fine tune the pull on the throttle to get a little better pull angle. The biggest problem with this bike is having a good palce to mount the servo and vacuum canister and you have to use a relay to get around the LED lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts