Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
Not one of the proud owners yet but hopefully not too far away.
My question is simple:
Is it that noticeable the difference between 2008-09 and 2010 (not in the cosmetic way but with rubber mounts )
shortly should I buy 2009 new leftover and save or get 2010 or 2011.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Since I've never noticed a vibration problem, I don't know that I'd worry much about the rubber mounts. Others may differ and I haven't ridden a 2010.

Buy a used bike and someone else takes the depreciation hit. You may get some nice accessories in the bargain. I wouldn't be worried about buying a used Versys since they have been very reliable. You won't find many threads here about major problems. The only real issue I've had was grabby front brakes which I addressed with new brake pads.

Check the classifieds on this forum...there's always something for sale.

Since you're asking for advice, mine is to buy a nice used Versys or a leftover and put the money you save into gas and tires, which you're going to need because you're going to want to ride and ride and ride a Versys.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have a 2010 V and a 2009 V (green). There is no noticeable difference in riding. The 2010 windscreen has a different mounting bracket. The 10 V is has the same vibes as the 09 V. Both are great machines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2010 V and a 2009 V (green). There is no noticeable difference in riding. The 2010 windscreen has a different mounting bracket. The 10 V is has the same vibes as the 09 V. Both are great machines.
I am another interested buyer and the only gripe I had was the buzziness in the pegs and I could also feel the vibes in the seat.

The bike I rode recently was an '09 with ROK riser and peg lowering kit. I was very impressed with the ride/ergos and have been watching this bike since it came out in Europe.

So you are saying changing the pegs on the 2010 made no difference?

·
Registered
959 Posts
depends what your driving force is
is all you want is cheap fun bike buy the earlier year
if you must be seen to keep up with the neighbours buy the 2010 bike

theres precious little difference between the 2010 and earlier versions in terms of real substantive performance. all thats happened is a bit of cosmetic surgery and some other minor changes.

the reslae value of a 2010 shoudl be higher, but not that much higher.

if it was me I'd buy the older version and put the savings in the bank or more fuel or accesories. virtually everyone seems to keep chucking furl into the bikes tank, it has a very high smiles per gallon in my books

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
Hi everyone.
Not one of the proud owners yet but hopefully not too far away.
My question is simple:
Is it that noticeable the difference between 2008-09 and 2010 (not in the cosmetic way but with rubber mounts )
shortly should I buy 2009 new leftover and save or get 2010 or 2011.
Thank you
I am another interested buyer and the only gripe I had was the buzziness in the pegs and I could also feel the vibes in the seat.

The bike I rode recently was an '09 with ROK riser and peg lowering kit. I was very impressed with the ride/ergos and have been watching this bike since it came out in Europe.

So you are saying changing the pegs on the 2010 made no difference?
:welcome: to both of you and to me , its all about economic. You got the cash , go get the latest and best enjoy riding it.

:goodluck:

:cheers:

·
Registered
959 Posts
there are some minor changes (IIRC to the front master brake reservoir/cylinder) depending on where you line changes to the colours both of the frame and the panels.

some report there were changes to the fuelling map in the ECU, again I don't think it was anything 'that' significant' to make an 09 standout preferable to an 08, or 07 or 06 model

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Sounds like a good plan to me, off topic may catch up with your daughter tommorow as riding my nice fast orange 08 with my son on back on a very quiet ride through centre of the 7.1 quake to test v off road abilty, don't worry we will take our time and be safe Fasto, Losh already emailed me to take care.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Read somewhere (In a south african or new zealand magazine) that the '09 suspension was smoothen (compare to previous year)
And those suspension parametre were kept for the '10

Can't be more specific though

Have a 09 and I like it a lot !!!

LOP

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Grate thanks to all it looks like 09 will be parked in my garage this weekend.
Looking at 2 V’s
Green with 38 miles draped so the clutch lever is broken and some scratches on left engine cover but price is right (hopefully I can get it down to 4000)
Blue with 2000miles with givi boxes and custom seat but it is 800 miles away and 4750 I would really love to get this one (negotiating 4500 is the magic number)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Red means stop, Green means GO, GO, GO!!!! :D

What buzz? I wear earplugs and have no nerve endings in my feet, seat or hands (wife says in my head, too!).

What? Me Worry??? :D

All this nonsense fades quickly once you ride away.

V-Zee

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got one

So it is Blue with extras going to pick it up this weekend, once I’m the owner of V I will do formal introduction.:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
318 Posts
So it is Blue with extras going to pick it up this weekend, once I’m the owner of V I will do formal introduction.:yeahsmile:
Sounds like a winner! Maybe I'll try to get hold of you and come see your new baby next time I'm out at Dugway...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts