Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I used to be active in this group as I was owner of a V for 2 years. I sold it and I bought a super tenere based on a request fron my wife because she felt the rear seat and the rive on the V was not very comfortable for her.

After 2 years I can assure you that it was the best decision I made. The super tenere is like the big bro of the V with a lot of more features. I did a trip to spain with my wife and I enjoyed it a lot. Very comfortable, stable, electronics work great and I did not feel intimidated by its weight at all.

Super reliable as the V, slightly less agile but yet is it negligeable. I did not do any off-roadin with it. Michelin tyres are always the best and taking on the curves with the same aggressivity as with a V is not a problem.

Anyway I wanted to share this feedback and encourage any wants who has been thinking about the upgrade to just do it !

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Thanks for the review!
BTW the Super Tenere was in the top 3 of my choices (along with Vstrom 1000 and Versys 650) when I was shopping for a new bike last year.
Since over 75% of my riding is now solo, I chose the Versys 650.
Otherwise it would have been the Vstrom 1000 or the Super Tenere because of passenger comfort.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I test sat one once and decided that it was much to tall and I was looking for a much lighter bike (old age sucks). The 650 Versys fits the bill.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Had a 12' Super Tenere farkled out nicely and it was a great ride but a bit much/heavy off road which I do trail / forest service roads about 50% of time. The Versys 650 fits my needs nicely.
I certainly reccomend the big yamaha to anyone looking at the large ADV class motorcycle.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to add that I get the sane mpg as the one for my previous V! Of course it reduces when I drive on the sport mode but not that much.
Also, the drive shaft is awesome, no chain tension verification/lub stress..
The dual braking system should be standard in all bikes I believe...it helped me many times during sudden braking..
I got the OEM bags...I missed the curved givi bags on my V because they were stylish...for the super tenere ones although they are more useluf but I look like a fushman coming out of a port on a tuk-tuk...my wife does not mind it because it provides great support for her to bend back while the side ones give her more assurance if I slide down..!
From time to time I feel the heat of the radiator on my left leg because of the radiator position...during summer it is a big uncomfortable especially while driving in the city...

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
I've owned my S10 (Super Tenere) since March.

Absolutely love it.
Getting back on the Versys 650 to commute is like riding a kids bike.

Took her to the Race track yesterday...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts