Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With over 50 yrs riding I'd never expected to be on anything smaller than a liter, but here I am. My other ride is a '90 Concours. So 2 questions, for now:
1. What is the largest/widest touring windscreen for a 2011? I currently have a MRA height adjustable.
2. What defines 1st gen, 2nd gen etc?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Generations, per Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Versys

"It was introduced by Kawasaki to the European and Canadian markets as a 2007 model and to the US market in 2008.[5] A California emissions compliant version was released in 2009.[6][7] In 2010 new styling was applied to the headlight and farings and several functional changes made including enlarged mirrors and improved rubber engine mounts.[8] In 2015, a new model was introduced with a new fairing style that abandoned the older, stacked headlights for the more conventional twin headlight style commonly found on sportbikes.[9]"

Hope that helps
Rob in KC
'14 (last of the Gen 2's) Versys 650

(no idea on the windshields - still stock on mine)

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, now I know I have a Gen 2. That's the windscreen I mean! Not so much the wind as it's always breezy at 100Kmh +; but here where I live it rains, a bunch. This is where the clouds go to recharge. I really don't like big drops bouncing off my face shield or having to keep wiping that misty almost rain off. I have cut 5" off my Concours Rifle shield, but I'm still spoiled. So far liking the V, sorting the suspension out though. Gets a bit harsh on crappy streets. I've softened the front a bit with the preload and I'm running the rear shock on 4.... As I get older my bikes get lighter.

Reactions: unstable_rider

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts
Thanks, now I know I have a Gen 2. That's the windscreen I mean! Not so much the wind as it's always breezy at 100Kmh +; but here where I live it rains, a bunch. This is where the clouds go to recharge. I really don't like big drops bouncing off my face shield or having to keep wiping that misty almost rain off. I have cut 5" off my Concours Rifle shield, but I'm still spoiled. So far liking the V, sorting the suspension out though. Gets a bit harsh on crappy streets. I've softened the front a bit with the preload and I'm running the rear shock on 4.... As I get older my bikes get lighter.

Yep, I just traded in an FJR for my V-1000. I sure miss the electronic windscreen on the FJR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts