Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any of you installed a 2 brothers slip on your v.Getting mine put on tomorrow morning i hope i will like it..at least it sounds good on youtube anyway..Does anybody know if it will give the v a little more hp or not..thanks

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I'm jealous!!!!
Lusting for one myself but me thinks I will have to wait till spring.

ENJOY!!!!!:teetertooter:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put one on my bike. The hardest thing is getting the stock muffler off. I know it sounds like more work, but taking off the rear tire will make your life way easier. I have tried it both ways. Other than that everything else is straight forward. Wish I could see your face when you first start it up after getting it on. It is quite shocking how load it is compared to the stocker. You'll get used to it and will appreciate being "heard" out there on the streets.

As far as HP, I feel like it has more power than before. Could be it just sound like it has more power. It helped me with the wheelies - I am sure!

Good luck.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The hardest thing is getting the stock muffler off. I know it sounds like more work, but taking off the rear tire will make your life way easier.
Hogwash. The easiest thing, by far, is to loosen the 4 exhaust header nuts where they attach to the cylinder head. You only need to loosen them, they don't have to be removed from the bike. It literally takes 20 secs to loosen those 4 nuts and the muffler will practically fall off (after you've removed the muffler bracket bolts, of course.) As soon as the muffler comes off, you can tighten those 4 nuts back up. There's nothing to align, move around, or cotter pin. And there is definitely no need to jack up the bike.

I just loosened the header bolts.
Or...I could have just said +10 to this if I had read a little further.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts