Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, just picked up a versys yesterday and joined group today. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and be a part of the community. A little history on me, i bought an 2007 r6 brand new and have been riding it for the last 10 years. I put 20 thousand miles on it touring the east coast of this great country. The last trip i took was up to the catskills in NY last fall and the bike just wasn't comfortable for me anymore. I did a lot of research and decided to buy a Versys since all i do is go on long trips i needed a more comfortable versatile bike. I cant wait to get it out on the open road and see what adventures it takes me on.

·
Premium Member
16,141 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so today it got up to 40 degrees and it was sunny so i jumped at the opportunity to take my first ride on the versys. Let me start by saying i came from a sport bike of ten years and had performance work done to it. i was skeptical about the amount of power the versys would have to say the least. I was mistaken to be worried. The versys has more torque then my r6 did and you can feel it for sure. The verys has plenty of power, in fact i find it easier to mistakenly pull front tire up on the verysys vs the r6. I have only been on one short ride but i am in love with the handling and seating position of the bike. The ride is perfect and the power is plenty. I am looking forward to many adventures on the bike

·
Registered
449 Posts
Glad that you are so happy with your new ride. It obviously puts a grin on your face. It is 39 Degrees here today and muggy so I am staying put - oh!, you probably mean Fahrenheit. :grin2:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on your new bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts