Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beautiful day here and out for the first ride of the year. The roads were mostly dry and apart from the minor roads that the farmers have covered with crap, I enjoyed being back out on the Versys. So I thought I'll give a few thoughts on all the mods and stuff I've done over the winter.

Tyres : Bridgestone 023's. :yeahsmile:

Brilliant : Even tho' I was taking it easy running them in, the difference I can feel is nothing short of amazing. Truly, the stock Dunlops are terrible tyres and I wish I'd just junked them after buying the V last year. Loads of feedback and they seem to have magically improved the suspension. Maybe I'm imagining this, but the bike feels soooo planted now.

Powerbronze flip screen : :thumb:

Only had her up to 70 so far, but it's an improvement over the stock screen. I wear an Arai TourX and I think there has been a definite lessening in buffeting. Certainty, at lower speeds (40 to 60), it's very nice to sit behind. Further, and faster tests will be carried out during the year. :D

KTM SMT handguards : :goodidea:

Again, brilliant. Really takes the wind blast away with no adverse handling reactions or vibrations noticed.

Keis heated grips : :clap:

Why bikes come without heated grips as standard is a mystery to me. :confused: They are thicker that the oe rubber grips, but the comfort they afford is worth every penny spent on them. There are better grips out there than these ones I've fitted, but they were as cheap as chips and do the job nicely.

I also put the stock rear sprocket back on and the bike has regained the initial snappy acceleration that many love. I think I'll keep it on and revert back to the SuperSprox 44t rear for touring duties.

All in all, everything has been worthwhile and it's great getting back in the saddle again. Roll on the summer. :cheers:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Great looking bike - I too have added heated grips over winter, but am yet to test them.

The screen looks interesting. Is there any contact with the hand guards?

Cheers

BigAussie

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
I love the look of your bike, have those BT023's on both my bikes and they are a great tyre and i to feel very secure pushing them on a acute angle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts