Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good morning all, just about to do my 1st oil change and wondering about the best/appropriate filter to fit, seems like theres plenty of differing opinions on what's good/not so good, would appreciate input

Wayne.:

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I skip the guessing, OEM filter and OEM oil. Priced decent and figure OEM will at least be adequate. :goodluck: Your gonna get a lot of opinions! :D

& WELCOME!!!!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I skip the guessing, OEM filter and OEM oil. Priced decent and figure OEM will at least be adequate. :goodluck: Your gonna get a lot of opinions! :D

& WELCOME!!!!
I agree with The Capn here, at least for the first few changes. Then go with Amsol or what ever oil you want. I use the factory filter and I buy a new plug washer every time, one form a KLR fits fine and cost 1/4 as the Versys one does.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
My Choice...Or you could get a Bosch 3300 from the Auto Parts Store..

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
if you cannot decide - then get an OEM one from a Dealer

I have stocked up on Vesrah filters for the V.
I saw them on sale - then interwebed it and found this site that opened up a whole heap of filters from different manufacturers and Vesrah was up there with the better constructed filters.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've always been a fan of OEM filters, for all my bikes. K&N are good too. I'd only advise against Fram, there were issues with them in the past. Maybe they've been resolved, but not worth taking the chance for me.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
O.E.M. filter and oil are indeed adequate and over priced. Do you settle for adequate in your other endeavors? I use Shell Rotella T6 5w40 synthetic and Pureone PL14610, cheaper and better a rare combination. God I love oil threads!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts