Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone ever tried modifying their saddle so that there is a channel right down the center? The picture below is an example of what I mean by channel. It serves to take pressure off the perineum (ok, taint if you will :p!).

The saddle pictured here is sold by Saddlmen. Unfortunately they do not sell one for the Versys. I would like to take a used OEM 1st gen saddle to a custom saddle maker and have this done to it (if anyone has an OEM 1st Gen saddle they would like to sell please PM me). I need an additional saddle in the event that the modified saddle doesn't do what I want it to do.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Wow, that does look comfy. Bicycle seats have been available like that for years. Surprised motorcycles did not do that before. Too bad the company doesn't make one for the V. I am sure you can find a custom saddle or furniture maker to do one like that. Of course the problem is custom work costs $$$$. Will be interested to hear/see what you find. Good Luck.

·
Registered
873 Posts
The one's in the picture have the $$ BMW logo on them (at least visible on the back half). That seat was probably a $1000 option.. Good luck...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Wow, that does look comfy. Bicycle seats have been available like that for years. Surprised motorcycles did not do that before. Too bad the company doesn't make one for the V. I am sure you can find a custom saddle or furniture maker to do one like that. Of course the problem is custom work costs $$$$. Will be interested to hear/see what you find. Good Luck.
Some bicycle saddles are made with the indention down the middle to relieve stress on a nerve in the nether region (right behind your [email protected][email protected]). For most, they don't need that groove as a good saddle won't bother that nerve. Plus, sitting on a bicycle you are normally leaning forward much more than you would on the Versys, and the bicycle saddle is MUCH narrower than a motorcycle seat. When sitting on the Versys, or anything besides a sport bike, you are sitting more upright and wouldn't be hitting that nerve. However, the seat pictured does look comfortable, and I bet you could find a custom seat maker that could do it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one's in the picture have the $$ BMW logo on them (at least visible on the back half). That seat was probably a $1000 option.. Good luck...

That seat is actually made and sold by Saddlmen. They are not a factory option on the beemer. It's about $500 to $600.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some bicycle saddles are made with the indention down the middle to relieve stress on a nerve in the nether region (right behind your [email protected][email protected]). For most, they don't need that groove as a good saddle won't bother that nerve. Plus, sitting on a bicycle you are normally leaning forward much more than you would on the Versys, and the bicycle saddle is MUCH narrower than a motorcycle seat. When sitting on the Versys, or anything besides a sport bike, you are sitting more upright and wouldn't be hitting that nerve. However, the seat pictured does look comfortable, and I bet you could find a custom seat maker that could do it.
Well, I DO need that grove as I have developed a neurological problem down there that results in hyper sensitive nerves. "Taint" fun if you know what I mean. :smile2:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had an RDL built for my first gen Versys. I love it. They are all custom made and they will make it anyway you want. Basically, what makes the RDL so comfortable are the wings that support and that so much pressure off of the center.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts