Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's one whole year today since I picked up my new Versys so to mark the occassion I thought I'd put down a few lines. I can't deny that the different style and performance took a while to get used to, having mainly owned and ridden larger four cylinder bikes. The first few months weren't without doubt and regret either and on several occassions the V was nearly part exed for another four - Z1000/750 or GSR750 being the main contenders. However, every time I rode away from the dealer with a p/ex quote in my jacket, the same thing would happen - 'why do I want to get rid of this bike?' I'd ask myself and at the end of the day couldn't bear to part with it. So, it's still here today I'm glad to say. I've done my bit of farkling and got it to look a little 'motard' ish. It's not bonkers fast, but it's an undeniably fast bike when you want it to be, easily capable of staying with anything else on anything but motorways. It does 50-55 mpg, is cheap to service and insure, with wide bars and an elevated riding position. Suits my style and needs down to the ground right now. I don't do a lot of miles compared to a lot of you guys, 2601 being my first year's mileage, but it's a fair weather toy and sometimes commuter. First year service is next Saturday with a Scorpion can being slipped on for good measure. Pics and opinion for that in due course. Hmm, sun's out - may go for a ride...! :yeahsmile:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
It looks good without the windscreen...

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Awesome looking bike! :thumb: I have gone through the same thought process.

This is year two. I have the 2010 black. I love the upright ridding position of the V. I get complements all the time. Young people love this bike. Some have said how ugly they are on this forum, and I don't see it. The new hip word if fugly! Ha! Ha! :D Whatever you webters dicktors! :thumb:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome looking bike! :thumb: I have gone through the same thought process.

This is year two. I have the 2010 black. I love the upright ridding position of the V. I get complements all the time. Young people love this bike. Some have said how ugly they are on this forum, and I don't see it. The new hip word if fugly! Ha! Ha! :D Whatever you webters dicktors! :thumb:
I find that people of all ages are complimentary of my V, one of my son's mates said it was 'well bad looking'..... I remember the words from an 80s rap song going - "where good is bad, and bad is about as good as it can possibly get"......Ah, the good old carefree days....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts