Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I emailed Chris and Kevin to add another person to the interested list. I like the idea if convenience that a DL1000 wheel swap would allow but a full spoked setup would be awesome and look great.

·
Super Moderator
19,931 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Are you SURE that they would fit (axle diameter, etc...)?
i have no idea. i just thought of the wheels on the gen 1 caponord when i saw the examples of the outside spoke wheels. i'm not sure i'll go the 19" wheel route myself. mine is for the all weather commuting.

·
Registered
114 Posts

I purchased and received my new to me 2016 Ninja/Versys/650 ABS donor OEM front and OEM rear wheels for the Versys from eBay. These will be for the dual purpose tires and I don't have to worry about nicking/denting my mint wheels.

A good perk is that the Ninja front wheel came with a like new Dunlop SportMax Q3 tire which I'll use for my new front road tire. I'll change/swap out the tire as soon as my new tire machine comes in. The mint wheels currently on the bike will stay with road tires for commuting and canyon carving.

I also ordered a No-Mar Tire machine and wheel balancer, on an early Black Friday sale + free shipping.

I'm just tired of wasting $40-$50+ per tire to have the Dealership mount and balance the tires off the bike for me. I changed out 2 motorcycle tires last month and I have 5 motorcycle tires to change out this month. Motorcycle trailer could use 3 new tires too. So, that is how I justified buying a tire machine and wheel balancer.

·
Registered
244 Posts

I also ordered a No-Mar Tire machine and wheel balancer, on an early Black Friday sale + free shipping.

I'm just tired of wasting $40-$50+ per tire to have the Dealership mount and balance the tires off the bike for me. I changed out 2 motorcycle tires last month and I have 5 motorcycle tires to change out this month. Motorcycle trailer could use 3 new tires too. So, that is how I justified buying a tire machine and wheel balancer.
i did the harbor freight option with the no-mar bar and yellow thing. it paid for itself in no time. a trick i like is to put a blow dryer in the tire going onto the bike. super easy even for a 190/55 17

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here’s my 19” Vstrom swap. I’ll have to make some ABS rings, figure that out later but for now. It’s on and I’m happy. For rubber I went with a 110 series Motoz Tractinator Adventure tire.
FE6F3023-A5B0-45CD-B1AB-B944B79EFC9A.jpeg

·
Registered
Kawasaki Versys 650, 2014
5 Posts
Here’s my 19” Vstrom swap. I’ll have to make some ABS rings, figure that out later but for now. It’s on and I’m happy. For rubber I went with a 110 series Motoz Tractinator Adventure tire. View attachment 180783
Have you use any front wheel from DL1000? or does it have to be a specific one? and what about the brake discs, are those original Versys ones or DL?

·
Super Moderator
19,931 Posts
I believe that ONE of the Vstroms has the CORRECT sized axle, but NOT the other. The V650 has a 20mm axle (just measured my spare axle).

:cool:

·
Super Moderator
19,931 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,931 Posts
He also posted instructions on ADVrider - PM me if you want the links.

Cheers!

81 - 95 of 95 Posts