Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I didnt know tires came in this size. anyone try this size yet?
Check the clearance on your current 160, on mine, there is no room for any wider tire.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have been running 170/60 rear tires since I replaced my OEM Dunlop's, which is about 15,000 miles now. It does change the way the bike feels, though only very slightly. It mostly makes it a bit more stable in a straight line and takes a touch more pressure to lean it over in a turn. Not huge changes, mind you, but I prefer the extra stability to the quick turning that the stock tire size delivers, but YMMV...:goodluck:

·
Registered
233 Posts
It mostly makes it a bit more stable in a straight line and takes a touch more pressure to lean it over in a turn. Not huge changes, mind you, but I prefer the extra stability to the quick turning that the stock tire size delivers, but YMMV...:goodluck:
That's the change in feel one would expect. As your "YMMV" suggests, I'll take the quick turn in. :D

Cheers,

Kurt

·
Registered
575 Posts
Had the Shinko 005 Advance on mine for the longest time. Realy liked it. Cheap, stuck quite well and looked better from the rear imho.

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
I've got the Shinko Advance 005 on the front (RoadSmart on the rear) and with 5500 miles it's working out fine. Probably get another when the rear wears out. :thumb:
On the other hand, I did NOT have good luck w/ a Shinko Trail Master E-705 on the rear of my KLR due to incipient tread separations on 12 of 17 tread blocks to the left of center, while a GS1200 buddy had the treads SEPARATE completely! :badidea:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts