Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my house around 9:00 am on the V from the very top of PA to go to Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. I drove 3/4 of Skyline Drive in the park and drove back home. I didn't get home until around 2:00 am. Ran the V 75-80 on the highway no problem. I drove at night for 6 hours and the low beam headlight is totally inadequate. At 75 you're overdriving your headlight. If you're side by side of a tractor trailer the headlight shines to about the cab of the truck. Most trailers are 80 feet so the headlight shines less than 100 feet in my opinion. I will be changing the bulb before my next long night ride. I will also get a bigger front sprocket. Running for hours on end you burn alot of gas running 75-80.

·
Registered
268 Posts
What was your fuel mileage on the for the trip? MPG? Any vibratuion issues that would result in hand numbness??

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had no problems with hand numbness. My knees kept getting cramped up and my ankles sore though. I was wishing I had some highway bars to stretch my legs out. I didn't even try and keep track of fuel mileage. When I'd get down to a 1/4 tank or so I'd fill up. Riding the V for a full tank without getting off is very, very uncomfortable. If you can ride a full tank of fuel, 200 miles or more, without getting off, your body is in better shape than mine.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I had no problems with hand numbness. My knees kept getting cramped up and my ankles sore though. I was wishing I had some highway bars to stretch my legs out. I didn't even try and keep track of fuel mileage. When I'd get down to a 1/4 tank or so I'd fill up. Riding the V for a full tank without getting off is very, very uncomfortable. If you can ride a full tank of fuel, 200 miles or more, without getting off, your body is in better shape than mine.
I'm with on running out a tank (250 miles) before stopping, I cant do it, and feel worth a crap on any bike. i like to stop at about 125-150, and walk around a bit. I think doing that you'll feel much better in the long run on a trip.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Have you tried adjusting your headlight? I adjusted mine ane it is much better.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
What bulbs did you use?

·
Registered
624 Posts
The bikers friend (JC Whitney) sells a 75w H7 for $14.99. It's the same bulb that you would get from SUV Lights for 1/2 the price. Put one in the High and one in the Low and you will be a happy camper!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
headlight

Thanks for the info on where to get a bulb cheap. The high beam is ok I just don't like the low beam. Noticed today by bike is making a noise now. I'll have to figure out where it's coming from. Hopefully it's something I can take care and not have to take it to the shop. Just my luck it won't be something simple. It makes a noise you can here when just going a few miles an hour but isn't from the engine. It only does it when the bike is moving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts