Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been dying to see a modern Triumph Scrambler so today my friend and fellow Versys owner did a 160 mile ride to the closest dealer.
Smoking hot day but nice wide twisty roads all the way.

We got to the dealer and chatted with him a bit. After a few min he offered some bikes for us to ride. A Bonneville and a Scrambler.

He even mapped out his favorite 20 mile twisty ride for us!
We road and switched off and road some more. By the end we both settled on the Scrambler for our Christmas wish list.

Headed home and stopped for lunch on Stockton lake. Apparently considered one of the top sailing lakes in the country. Who knew?!?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Headed home and stopped for lunch on Stockton lake. Apparently considered one of the top sailing lakes in the country. Who knew?!?
That's not a lake......that's a puddle! he he he :D
But then again I am surrounded by the great inland seas known as "The Great Lakes"
I live on Lake St. Clair, just north of Detroit...we call that a puddle and it's 420 sq. miles of surface area....Lake Stockton is only 39 sq. miles BUT...
when in Rome.......:joke:

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've been to a few dealers with them. Fond of the looks, not so fond of massive third degree burns on my right thigh. I'd love to have a Green Boneville SE but the V is cheaper, probably handles better, and the last time I bought a bike purely on looks I wasn't satisfied.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've been to a few dealers with them. Fond of the looks, not so fond of massive third degree burns on my right thigh. I'd love to have a Green Boneville SE but the V is cheaper, probably handles better, and the last time I bought a bike purely on looks I wasn't satisfied.
All those are true. A while back I had a very nice 09 green Versys. I fell in love with the Triumph Bonnie T100 and decided I needed one. Sold the Versys and bought a beautiful T100. Nice bike but I always missed the Versys. The T100 wasn't as quick, didn't handle as well and was not as good for highway traveling. In short it was just not as much fun as the Versys. Earlier this year I fixed things by selling the T100 and getting a replacement Versys. The smile is back on my face. :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually fell in love with the way it rides. Looks were a bonus.

The pipe didn't seem too hot (20 miles on a 90 degree day). I always ride in heavy pants so i would hope that would not be a problem.

cb4017 - I'm considering the Triumph to replace my 30 year old KZ 650 for running around town,
NEVER to replace my Versys!

Who would do something so rash?!?:)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh you actually got to take one for a spin? Nice! It's been a while since I sat on one but I seem to recall that my jeans were about a 1/2 inch from the pipe and shifting the wrong way would have been bad. Must just be me or maybe my memory is off.

·
Registered
111 Posts
cb4017 - I'm considering the Triumph to replace my 30 year old KZ 650 for running around town,
NEVER to replace my Versys!

Who would do something so rash?!?:)
That would be me. :(

A Triumph would be great as a second bike..:thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts