Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a 16 tooth counter sprocket from the ZX6 - part number 13144-0038? Is it a direct swap with the 15?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
http://www.versys.co.uk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=31&topic=3626.15

Check this thread out, looks like you have the right part number.

alvis and I did it back in June and its a great improvement for highway travel, with almost zero loss of power at the lower end. Plus it makes your speedo nuts on, but your odometer reads about 6% less.

Your real gas mileage will improve slightly, but because your odometer is now reading low-your perceived looks worse-but it didn't.

alvis and I actually did it twice, first time we got the sprocket without the rubber flanges, decided the extra was $$ was worth it for the rubber bits second time round.

You'll need a big breaker bar, or preferably a impact wrench to get the damn nut off-most were way overtorqued when the bike was assembled.

Machog

·
Registered
43 Posts
Aye,me too. Had the local Kawasaki shop do it, they ordered the part also. Total cost of part and labour less than $70.00. Bike mo betta now.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did read the thread on the UK forum but didn't see anything after the install. Glad it works. I'm gonna do it.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
After trying 16/46 sprockets (6.66% over 15/46 stock), some of us went to 15/44 (+4.54%) instead for a better overall gear ratio. I'm actually switching to 15/45 with a taller 150/70-17 rear tire, for a resulting ratio close to with a 160/60-17 and 15/44 sprockets...

·
Registered
779 Posts
I think I'm bucking the trend. When I change the chain in the spring, I am thinking of going to a 47 or 48 rear with a stock front. 95% of my riding is town.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm curious to know if there is a way to recalibrate the odo and speedo to compensate for a change in gear ratio.

granted, if the odo is reading about 6% less, cant hurt the resale if ever decide to trade up :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts