Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my new bike has a power selection setting for 100% or 75%. Drives and shifts nicely at 75% power but I am hearing a ticking noise. Anyone else hearing such a sound on lower power?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
So, my new bike has a power selection setting for 100% or 75%. Drives and shifts nicely at 75% power but I am hearing a ticking noise. Anyone else hearing such a sound on lower power?
No, but I wear a helmet and earbuds playing XM, so I'm prolly the wrong person to answer.

My Victory would tick for a while after I started it if it hadn't been run for some time. I only noticed that as it made the noise before I put my helmet on. I don't generally pay little things like that much attention. It's made of metal and things expand and contract and little metallic noises are inevitable.

As to the power modes, I agree with you. In stock form, the Low Power Mode has much nicer throttle response. On/off throttle is very jerky in Full Power mode. Makes riding in the tighter stuff sloppy.

Fortunately, there is a solution. Fuel Moto sells a Power Commander with proper adjustments to make the Full Power mode's on/off throttle as nice as the Low Power mode's, but has the advantage of making even more power. You can get one here:

Fuel Moto | Dynojet - Power Commander V

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Victorys have hydraulic valve lash adjusters that require pressure to operate optimally. When you let the bike sit, the pressure bleeds out so you have a little noise until pressure builds.

That has no bearing on the sounds from the Versys 1000 since it is shim under bucket. If there is a ticking on 75% power, but not with 100%, then there is something not quite right. I would research how Kawasaki implements the power modes to learn what is different.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts