Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
By far the most fun 15k I have ever had! Running strong as ever.:thumb:
Congrats, last 2 days, 500 fun miles for me, hope to catch up to you next year...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Congrats on the 15k! I've got a little over 8k on mine now and my mode button is starting to be lazy. Guess i'll have to disassemble and clean :(

·
Registered
521 Posts
Congrats! Just curious...how is your chain doing at 15K? (I'm assuming it is still OEM) Brakes? Spark plugs? How far did you get on the OEM tires? Have you adjusted the valves yet, and if so where did they spec out? Had any issues? (anything besides oil changes and chain maintenance) Thanks. :cheers:

I picked my V up at the end of July and I turned 3K a few days ago.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats! Just curious...how is your chain doing at 15K? (I'm assuming it is still OEM) Brakes? Spark plugs? How far did you get on the OEM tires? Have you adjusted the valves yet, and if so where did they spec out? Had any issues? (anything besides oil changes and chain maintenance) Thanks. :cheers:

I picked my V up at the end of July and I turned 3K a few days ago.
This may not be the norm, but I have not replaced plugs or chains, nor even checked my valve train yet. I have gleaned enough information from the forum to avoid getting my hands dirty yet! I do my oil changes every 3k, cleaned the filter once, and replaced tires twice. That's it. How's that for nearly "maintenance free"?:clap:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I just rolled over 13k last weekend. I changed my plugs around 7K, but I probably didn't need to. I've cleaned the air filter twice, but it was fairly clean both times. I haven't checked my valves either, but I probably will soon just for curiousity's sake. I change my oil every 2k to 2500, my choice, of course. It gets hot here, so it eases my mind to do so. My chain & sprockets still look good. I clean & lube it regularly.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Element and Bear: Thanks--that's music to my ears! :D :cheers:

·
Registered
207 Posts
16,249 miles here. Original chain still good, oil changed frequently, air filter cleaned twice, dirty both times, valves inspected at 10K and in spec, iridiums installed at 10K.

My only gripe is an annoying intake cough when warming up and sometimes at operating temp.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I am less than 200 miles away from 18,000. did the plugs, cleaned the filter, changed the chain and sprockets, and had the tires changed for the first time, all this at around 10,000 miles. Like bear said the plugs probably didn't need changing but figured might as well since I was doing the filter, stock plugs still looked good. Only reason I did the chain was because I swapped the rear sprocket to A 44t so with the advice of the members here I had the chain and front sprocket done as well, went with an x-ring chain. I do regular oil changes at around 3000, lube the chain every 300 to 500 miles. Haven't checked the valves yet, and my versys runs like A champ, god I love this bike.

·
Premium Member
7,785 Posts
Congrats on your 15K.

Nice to have you back @ 15K and how is your general health after your recent mishap with the bicycle.

Trust all is well with you.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I am less than 200 miles away from 18,000. did the plugs, cleaned the filter, changed the chain and sprockets, and had the tires changed for the first time, all this at around 10,000 miles. Like bear said the plugs probably didn't need changing but figured might as well since I was doing the filter, stock plugs still looked good. Only reason I did the chain was because I swapped the rear sprocket to A 44t so with the advice of the members here I had the chain and front sprocket done as well, went with an x-ring chain. I do regular oil changes at around 3000, lube the chain every 300 to 500 miles. Haven't checked the valves yet, and my versys runs like A champ, god I love this bike.

I say that every time I ride it....

:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts