Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I can't find this data.

How many 12V OEM output ports V650 2018 model have for accessories?

I know for 2, one on left side behind covering, and one behind headlights.

I have heated grips connected on left side (first picture)
And I will connect on this second (behind headlights - second picture) 12V USB port.

Are there anywhere else on the motorcycle besides these 2 that I know , so I know if I wish to connect fog light some day?

·
Registered
932 Posts
The acc. socket (A) is likely the "upper front" dash one. The fog light (F) is likely the "left hand" side one.

According to wiring diagram, there should be 3 (grip heater (G), fog light (F), acc socket A).
I only know these A and F .

Grip heaters wiring would minimize movement of the wire, so it is likely routed near the center stem, I wouldn't be surprised if it is tucked far, or behind some covering.

All 3 are connected from the same joint connectors (1 positive, 1 ground) though, fed by the acc. relay. So if you follow upstream of either of those 2, you might find the joint connectors and follow how it fans out to a 3rd spot for grip heaters.

So, let us know, if you find the G spot, where it is!

I bet it's in this tight dark place where my large hand can barely squeeze in... oh, wait... what's the topic again? (re-read (w)hole post...lol)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The acc. socket (A) is likely the "upper front" dash one. The fog light (F) is likely the "left hand" side one.

According to wiring diagram, there should be 3 (grip heater (G), fog light (F), acc socket A).
I only know these A and F .

Grip heaters wiring would minimize movement of the wire, so it is likely routed near the center stem, I wouldn't be surprised if it is tucked far, or behind some covering.

All 3 are connected from the same joint connectors (1 positive, 1 ground) though, fed by the acc. relay. So if you follow upstream of either of those 2, you might find the joint connectors and follow how it fans out to a 3rd spot for grip heaters.

So, let us know, if you find the G spot, where it is!

I bet it's in this tight dark place where my large hand can barely squeeze in... oh, wait... what's the topic again? (re-read (w)hole post...lol)
I found this, and by this instruction G spot :unsure: should be visible when you remove tank:

But i don't remember how it look without tank, I will see next time on regular service with service guy.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The connectors in the second pick, behind the dash, are the ones for the accessory outlet. The ones in the first pick, on the left side of the tank are for heated grips. At least that's they're meant for.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hola me again.

Can I use this "live" wire under seat for accessories, and ground wire from accessories i just connect somewhere on motorbike frame?

Reactions: Nikki101

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. This is the diagnostic input, not an output of any kind.
Leave it alone.
You say this is diagnostic input? Or maybe I misunderstood you?
It looks totally the same as the input I used for the heated grips and USB outlet.

·
Registered
932 Posts
You say this is diagnostic input? Or maybe I misunderstood you?
It looks totally the same as the input I used for the heated grips and USB outlet.

View attachment 183815
Yes, self-diagnosis terminal input pin. There is a procedure in the service manual requiring grounding this pin with a specific timing to signal the abs computer to enter diag mode. You would be seeing any voltage only because of a probable pull-up configuration and because a voltmeter has very high resistence, but it is not a power source.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, self-diagnosis terminal input pin. There is a procedure in the service manual requiring grounding this pin with a specific timing to signal the abs computer to enter diag mode. You would be seeing any voltage only because of a probable pull-up configuration and because a voltmeter has very high resistence, but it is not a power source.
Thanks for the explanation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts