Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to mount a cig lighter plug under the cowling that I can fairly easily get to for powering either my cell or GPS (or both with a splitter). First off, has anyone done this? Where is the best place to come off of power? How would be the best way to mount the plug? I'm pretty handy electronically and can figure it out, but just wanted to see if there are any pitfalls or timesavers to be aware of. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I zipped tied mine to the wire harness on the left side of the handlebars..Didn't want to drill any holes..
I wired the hot side to the brown wire on the left side running light harness, and grounded to a small allen screw on the headlight frame. I did have to remove the
left side fairing to get access. took about 10 minutes , and works great.

·
Registered
52 Posts

I bought one of the BMW type plugs and mounted on the left as you can see. I just ran it to the battery and put a inline fuse, good to go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have one standard cig lighter and two bmw style. All near the speedo. I installed a power plate under the seat that allows for 6 accessories. It has a relay so it turns off all accessories with the bike. that way no dead batteries and all the fuses are in one easy spot. I highly recommend them. They can be bought at adventure moto stuff in the suzuki dl1000 section. Great product if you are going to have more than one accessory.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I used a Powerlet outlet and tank bag kit to power the inside on my tank bag. I use it mainly to charge my cell phone on trips and to power a small compressor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts