Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know offhand if a '12-'13 Ninja 650 front rim would fit on a Gen 1 ('09) Versys? I know the earlier Ninja one's will, just not sure about the new ones after the remodel...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same axle and same center hub spacer and same bearings. I'd say its a go. I'm totally willing to spend your money.
^^^ :badidea: ^^^

Hmmm.... Not much to do in grand ole' Boise this time of year?

Anyway, from what I see it seems like the rim won't fit...looks like they changed it in '12.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not much to do? You could say that. Snow ain't falling like its supposed to, so I'm not playing hooky skiing. I have my Hawk GT top end torn apart, but waiting on cams. Not in hurry though. Trying to space my projects out far enough that I'll be in a rush come spring. Wouldn't seem normal otherwise.

I assure you, a 2013 wheel will fit a 2009. The axle and inner hub spacer are excellent indicators. Like I said before, the bearings are also the same. The only difference is the seals and outer spacers. The discs are the same, as well as the disc bolts and disc gaskets. So, the only things that you may have to replace or slightly modify are the outer spacers and possibly the seals. In my book, that's a pleasant walk in the park.

I was able to fit a 2008 Ninja 650R wheel to a 2006 ZX636 set of forks and brakes in under an hour with bearing replacement and a small amount of grinding of the hub and outer spacers. I'd say your proposed Versys project is simple enough to press "GO".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts