Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...because that's what you need to get the front tire off the ground to change it!

What the hell?!?!

I bought a triple tree lift/stand. Even tried it with boards underneath. The Versys is too tall.

Which leaves me with a question...since I'm going to have to go spend another $50 on a fork stand because my $100 one is useless, then what happens when I have to take the forks off?

Or am I going to need to lower the front forks in order to drop the bike down? What a hassle for a tire change and/or fork seal change.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
...because that's what you need to get the front tire off the ground to change it!

What the hell?!?!

I bought a triple tree lift/stand. Even tried it with boards underneath. The Versys is too tall.

Which leaves me with a question...since I'm going to have to go spend another $50 on a fork stand because my $100 one is useless, then what happens when I have to take the forks off?

Or am I going to need to lower the front forks in order to drop the bike down? What a hassle for a tire change and/or fork seal change.
What did you buy? Lots of info on this site, no excuse for buying the wrong thing. https://www.kawasakiversys.com/foru...-bull-venom-stands-jacking-other-methods.html

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Comment about pin size is incorrect , have a close look at my 2015 which is lowered, however the difference is about the same as the clearance under my lowered tire.
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/1440634-post119.html
I bought the Trackstand brand, which looks exactly like the Venom. (Probably made by the same company!)

I'll see if they have the 27 mm pin. If not, it's going back and I'm getting something different...like a crane.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
My T-Rex stand shipped with an undersized pin, and while it didn't prevent lifting the bike it did allow enough wiggle for the stand to contact the forward bodywork. The correct pin greatly improved the overall stability and ease of use of the stand. If you don't have the correct sized pin, I recommend replacing it.

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
...then what happens when I have to take the forks off?

Here's some pics of removing the forks in my Vs:

as well as removing the steering-stem:

For removing the 'stem' I fabbed up that stand from some 2x4s, stabilized the V w/ straps to the ceiling, and used a jack UNDER the muffler w/ another "thing" made from scrap wood to support the muffler....

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's some pics of removing the forks in my Vs:

as well as removing the steering-stem:

For removing the 'stem' I fabbed up that stand from some 2x4s, stabilized the V w/ straps to the ceiling, and used a jack UNDER the muffler w/ another "thing" made from scrap wood to support the muffler....

I took the stand back this morning, then exchanged it for a Pitbull front fork stand. BIG difference! Although they didn't have the triple tree add-on I suppose I will get it if and when I need it.
I managed to get the front tire off, new tire and FINALLY got that damn axle in. What a bear that thing was! I wound up using my cruiser hydraulic jack under the muffler to lift it just a little. Had to adjust one of the forks to get the axle to thread...what a mess that was!
But it's done and I will post pics in the No Mar thread.

But I like your idea of using those 2X4's to make a stand. That Pitbull stand cost $170!!! (And that's WITHOUT the triple tree attachment! :mad: )

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
I managed to get the front tire off, new tire and FINALLY got that damn axle in. What a bear that thing was! I wound up using my cruiser hydraulic jack under the muffler to lift it just a little. Had to adjust one of the forks to get the axle to thread...what a mess that was!...
I've run into the SAME issue OFTEN when re-installing front wheels on ALL THREE of my V650s.

Rather than 'drop' the left fork, I have the front tire rest on a piece of wood (to about the right height), then as I turn the axle I push up on the left fork leg to line-up the threads.

USUALLY goes pretty easily then.

:goodluck:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts