Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Interesting addition to your windscreen. Can you give details, where you bought it or did you make it yourself? I am particularly interested in the clamp that you used. How is the wind flow now with this? Can you comment on how the wind hits your helmet, upper body or shoulders? I see you extended your mirror and added a small round one... handguards-what kind? What else did you do?

Thanks!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Something is up with those brake lines. Bar end weights. Handguards. Windscreen addon, mirror extender, additional small mirror.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are Zeta hand guards and Galfer brake lines. The windscreen extension is from Wunderlich BMW...just installed, and I am trying to find a height and angle for it that represents the sweet spot for me. All I know at present is that the lowest setting (immediately above the stock screen) wind hits me at eye-brow level at highway speed.

·
Registered
559 Posts
BY the way I upgraded to braided brake lines on my MT-01 and didnt notice a big difference...just in case some are expecting a lot from the upgrade it doesn't make a world of difference...

·
Registered
266 Posts
BY the way I upgraded to braided brake lines on my MT-01 and didnt notice a big difference...just in case some are expecting a lot from the upgrade it doesn't make a world of difference...
My experience is different. I installed Venhill steel braided brake lines, and I feel the bike stop faster and the brake lever feels crisper, not as spongy.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts

I put Galpher SS Brake Line on my Versys noticed a slight better than stock on the rear and a much better than stock on the front. Just put Vesrah brake pads on and it feels great on both ends.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yeah I must say my 6 piston front brakes were already pretty good, thats possibly why the difference with braided line wasnt substancial...

·
Registered
720 Posts
Wow, 6 pistons... I am already happy with my 4-pistons nissin calipers and 19mm nissin pump, although i do wish for a brembo 19rcs, but it is an obverkill, really.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts