Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride an ugly 09 sparkly light blue Versys.

I love it to death and use for everything; severe trails, twisties and highway fly-bys.

I do group rides in central texas regularly and I run a website called bumpymoto.com that posts charts and videos about dual sports.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
welcome to the nut house (i also ride a first gen, tho mines an 08 in passion red =p)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome! I'm just up the road in the DFW area, and I have the same plasma blue '09. I enjoyed your dual-sport comparison on your website.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! I'm just up the road in the DFW area, and I have the same plasma blue '09. I enjoyed your dual-sport comparison on your website.
Thanks so much, can't wait till I have the privileges to post that comparison chart in the general discussion forum. I always wanted the black version but I'll never let cosmetics get in the way of a bike ride(you can't see your bike while your on it!)

I'll try to post it here but I think it got taken down in original over ownership concerns? Beats me, I made the chart and I own the domain name that its marked with so maybe they'll leave it this time? :eek:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I found an article recently that makes me think I can get my Blue 09 a shade of green that I want. I talks about using a 2 part clear coat so the final look like that of going to a shop and having it done. Search for "How to Paint a Motorcycle With Spray Paint and Get Great Results" from Houston Press. Nice article in my opinion. I agree though that color shouldn't really be an issue with something you love.

·
Registered
66 Posts
DFW area here as well, also on an '09, but green. If you ever see a dude trying to color match high vis jacket with orange helmet on a green bike, that's me!

Thanks so much, can't wait till I have the privileges to post that comparison chart in the general discussion forum. I always wanted the black version but I'll never let cosmetics get in the way of a bike ride(you can't see your bike while your on it!)

I'll try to post it here but I think it got taken down in original over ownership concerns? Beats me, I made the chart and I own the domain name that its marked with so maybe they'll leave it this time? :eek:

I'm pretty interested now, what's this dual sport comparison about?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts