Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Versys 650
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! new member here. I recently replaced my 08's stator and rectifier and got 30 days out of the combo. I bought both off of eBay so maybe that's a mistake on my part. My question is that I see older posts taking about different Rectifiers and Delta wound Stators and how there is some room to upgrade these components. All of these posts link to old pages that don't exist anymore and I don't recall seeing any part numbers. Any help or general guidance on where to go to make sure I don't burn out another Stator would be great. I'm trying to avoid the $450 dealer Stator and the $250 dealer Rectifier, but if I gotta go that way, then I gotta bite the bullet.

Thanks for any help!

·
Super Moderator
20,639 Posts
Hopefully 'onewizard' will chime in, but you DEFINITELY want a "series regulator" as replacement. I changed mine to a Polaris R/R on the '15 V650, about five years ago. Also on my '08.

·
Premium Member
9,757 Posts
Hey there! new member here. I recently replaced my 08's stator and rectifier and got 30 days out of the combo. I bought both off of eBay so maybe that's a mistake on my part. My question is that I see older posts taking about different Rectifiers and Delta wound Stators and how there is some room to upgrade these components. All of these posts link to old pages that don't exist anymore and I don't recall seeing any part numbers. Any help or general guidance on where to go to make sure I don't burn out another Stator would be great. I'm trying to avoid the $450 dealer Stator and the $250 dealer Rectifier, but if I gotta go that way, then I gotta bite the bullet.

Thanks for any help!
All the posts are still there, unfortunately, the administration decided to rubber-stamp their software for all 1500 sites they own.
This member installed, a believe it or not, large footprint regulator on his 08--C/W photos

All of the following have updates 1 month ago

The thread below post #48 I recommend Electrosport

Reactions: hurricanebob

·
Premium Member
9,757 Posts

Thanks for any help!
The stator is 3 times what electrosport sells it for and the regulator is double what a new 50 amp Polaris sells for . The old 4012941 is only available used and 98% on ebay are fakes. To convert you need a triumph harness for under $20.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts