Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a set of used crash bars for my 2009, I'm also interested in an aftermarket seat.....something firm. I would also be interested in some racks for Givi Monokey boxes as I have 3 brand new E360 boxes. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts
Have you thought about just raising the front of your seat? WORKS PDG for a bunch of us....

Here's a pic of what you need to do...

and here's how much my seat is raised.

That HALF inch makes a HUGE difference.

:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up! I've 3d printed this spacer for the seat but I haven't had time to ride it and see how much difference it made. I did one for a friend a while back and he said it made a difference for sure.

Seat Riser Block - Kawasaki Versys found on #Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1775953

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts
...I've 3d printed this spacer for the seat but I haven't had time to ride it and see how much difference it made. I did one for a friend a while back and he said it made a difference for sure....
Some inmates have mentioned breaking their 3D printed bits. MINE uses a piece of scrap steel for the 'bridge', and they (on TWO Vs...) have lasted around 148K miles.

Along w/ 12 washers (1/4") and two longer bolts (6 x 45mm, IF memory serves...), it's a VERY inexpensive mod.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts