Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Gear Brake/ LED Brake Light Addition / Wiring / Fiber Optic

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  onewizard 
#1 ·
First , I installed the Gear Brake module, since over time I have added the Admore mini light bar, my own brake flasher and the Admore top case wiring, each time opening up joints, on wire that was too short to begin with. I decided to buy a separate red LED light indicator to be used with the brake circuit and the Gear brake module. I also wanted to know when the gear brake unit was firing. I discovered today that when my laptop went in for repair in 2017 for the power button, that the preinstalled Microsoft Onedrive got screwed up. I can see all my albums in Onedrive , but my link on the laptop only shows the photos 2017 and earlier, tech support is like the crisis going on, I uninstalled, reset , and just gave up. My gmail has a issue with moving photos, every so often you need to go into the gmail app and clear data for it to work again what a PITA.

So if you look closely you will see a tiny red to the left of the speedometer, that is the gear brake led firing. I will sort this out another day. I have photos of the gas tank removal, of the air box, the air filter, triggering using the headlight relay pin #2 and #3. Lots. I have just had enough computer for one day. need to get my ride ready and flock off.

I drilled a hole in the lens, this is glass fiber , notice the paper towel and the tiny red, I was testing it as I heated up the fiber to wire tie it to the lens, wanted to make sure no damage occurred.

And the glass fiber in operation to the left of the speedometer

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
GearBrake arrived quickly, here's a photo for size reference.

Last ride I got it set at the sweet spot, any sudden throttle reduction / engine braking fires it, on the level or downhill.

Reactions: jaaklucas
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.