Kawasaki Versys Forum

Kawasaki Versys Forum (https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/)
-   General Discussions - V-650 (https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/162-general-discussions-v-650/)
-   -   New Versys owner need some HELP ! (https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/162-general-discussions-v-650/81393-new-versys-owner-need-some-help.html)

GrandMaster 06-05-2015 06:09 AM

New Versys owner need some HELP !

Hi everyone, i am a new member here and a new versys owner, i bought a versys 650 - 2007, i like the bike a lot to be honest, its really cool, but since i bought a have a big problem that i cant solve my self, i have a problem with my bar, my bar its not straight, my left hand get very very tired during the runs, but only my left, the right hand is ok,,, and my left leg gets some tired,, i should say that the person that had before had put a new seat,, more lower than original,,, when i run the bike i see that the bar is not straight cause my left hand stays longer! now i dont know how to fix it,,, dont know where the problem is,,, is the front tyre,, the bar,,, or the seat ,, and i dont know how to fix my bar if it straight or not,,, please can anyone help , i will really appreciate a help and respect you all!

+ yesterday i made a test,,, i was driving with 50-60 khm,,, and left the bar without keeping it with hands,,, and the motorcycle wasnt going straight, it was turning to the left,, or moving to the left side,,,, i got really worried,,, cause it should go straight! what do you think guys,, cause this is driving me crazy ! :/

:thanx:

trialsguy 06-05-2015 09:41 AM

If you suspect that the handle bars are bent, then remove them from the bike, put them on a flat surface to check them. If they are not bent, then follow the procedure for aligning the triple clamps (the clamps that attach the forks to the frame). BTW, my V does not have a seat belt. ;)

trialsguy 06-05-2015 09:52 AM

also, check the alignment of the rear axel / chain tension.

silviefox 06-05-2015 10:22 AM

had your bike been dropped? or did the seller not mention that? afall can bend the bars easly and make one side be bent in more then the other... it could also just be that one of your arms is longer then the other (most peoples are, me left arm is over an inch longer them my right)...
and if your bike has a seatbelt you might have a problem......

kawdog 06-05-2015 02:29 PM

I had to replace my bars. I could not turn it hardly with the low standard risers. So I got new bars and the vib-free riser, and it was night and day difference (of course it should come with the riser stock.)

s102000 06-05-2015 03:02 PM

Try posting a picture, may help to solve the problem. But it sounds like the left bar is bent causing it to be a longer reach to the controls on that side. The other problems you describe is a mystery.

fasteddiecopeman 06-05-2015 03:57 PM

Take something like a piece of tile that is FLAT, put it against your forks and confirm it touches in FOUR places, two per side. If NOT, your forks are "tweaked", and it's fairly simple to "un-tweak" them.

Arion 06-05-2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman (Post 876553)
Take something like a piece of tile that is FLAT, put it against your forks and confirm it touches in FOUR places, two per side. If NOT, your forks are "tweaked", and it's fairly simple to "un-tweak" them.

Un-tweak, I like that! :thumb:

GrandMaster 06-06-2015 04:21 AM

i wanted to mention the SEAT ,,, not the seatbelt :/// language mistake,,, yesterday i made a test,,, i was driving with 50-60 khm,,, and left the bar without keeping it with hands,,, and the motorcycle wasnt going straight, it was turning to the left,, or moving to the left side,,,, i got really worried,,, cause it should go straight! what do you think guys,, cause this is driving me crazy ! :/

texrider 06-06-2015 08:03 AM

The bike may not travel straight depending on road conditions, tires, added equipment, side to side loading dfferences, etc
Grip the tank with your knees when testing for balance, and you should be able to influence direction with body lean in either direction, even though the bike may tend to one side by itself.
Most bikes do not go perfectly straight on their own.

Rick 06-06-2015 12:07 PM

Public roads are graded for water runoff. One cannot ascertain misalignment very well by using a "hands off the bars" type test.

twowheels 06-06-2015 01:18 PM

141 Attachment(s)
Wrt alignment I would recommend alignment of rear wheel using string method. See youtube video for how to. This is the most accurate method without exception as the extended string magnifies small changes

fasteddiecopeman 06-06-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandMaster (Post 876921)
i wanted to mention the SEAT ,,, not the seatbelt :/// language mistake,,, yesterday i made a test,,, i was driving with 50-60 khm,,, and left the bar without keeping it with hands,,, and the motorcycle wasnt going straight, it was turning to the left,, or moving to the left side,,,, i got really worried,,, cause it should go straight! what do you think guys,, cause this is driving me crazy ! :/

BEFORE aligning the wheels on mine, it would NOT stay vertical w/ hands off the handlebars. Check YOUR alignment.

:goodluck:

GrandMaster 06-08-2015 06:20 AM

thanks everyone for the help... you are really a great forum,, thnx a lot to everyone that replied to this post :) respect all the riders here :) :D

Baron650 06-11-2015 05:36 PM

I'm thinking fork alignment as well.
Hey, I like that "Tile Test" Ed!

GrandMaster 06-26-2015 06:28 AM

i made the fork alignment and it hast fixed nothing :/

invader 06-26-2015 07:14 AM

Haven't you checked you rear wheel alignment yet?

Rick 06-26-2015 10:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay. To check your handlebar, rather than the hassle to remove them, take a measurement from the handlebar clamp mount bolt to the bar end on each side: Left lower bar clamp bolt cap out to end of left bar, then right cap to right bar end. If there is a difference in those lengths, then your bars are tweaked.

GrandMaster 07-03-2015 06:06 AM

i did and the rear tire alignment and its the same thing :/