Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

2008 Versys KLE ABs

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 KLE ABS with 44000 miles. The bike starts on the button and the automatic choke kicks in for about 3-4 minutes. As soon as the choke turns off the revs drop and the bike stalls. When I restart it it either runs ok or takes a couple of attempts and then runs ok. Very occasionally the revs will drop when filtering through traffic at low speed but when this happens the bike starts ok. Apart from this problem the bike runs just fine, no smoke, doesn't use any oil and pulls through all the gears like it always has done. Does anyone have any clue as to what might be the cause of this problem? Where and what do I start checking? Obviously I want to avoid hefty garage charges as hopefully it will be something that I can identify and fix myself.

Many thanks

Nick:feedback:

#2 ·
I had a similar issue when I was trying to nail down my idle speed and made it a bit too lean. When the choke kicked off the bike would stall.
There is an idle adjustment screw which is on (I believe) the right side of the bike.
I stole this picture off the internet but it's a kawasaki and the screw looks very similar. It has a large flared head so it can be adjusted by hand.
It's a little below of dead center in this picture.

I would tighten that in a little before you pay someone to try the same

#3 · (Edited)
what mac said , turn your idle screw in 1/4-1/2 turn and see if it says running , if it dosnt repeat till it does, once it does turn the screw out till your idle is at 1,300(-,+50)rpm and see if it will start up and stay running then,
another thing to check would be your spark plugs they could be slightly fouled

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.