Kawasaki Versys Forum

Kawasaki Versys Forum (https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/6-off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Dealership/insurance shout out! (https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/6-off-topic-discussions/53433-dealership-insurance-shout-out.html)

gnarshread 04-04-2014 03:41 PM

Dealership/insurance shout out!

2 Attachment(s)
On march the 16th I came home one day after work to discover the worst thing anyone would not want to see. No I'm not talking about mass genocide, or a helpless baby abandoned on the steps of KFC or waking up to find the girl you brought back after a night of debauchery is as big as your couch.

Nope. My trusty, beloved Versys was on its side in the parking lot. We had experienced winds up to 70mph that day and the cover had turned into a sail and pulled the bike over onto a curb. Essentially curb stomping itself. A surprising amount of damage had been done (turned out to be almost 2k worth of damage) so I called my insurance company. They said that all I had to do was take the bike to a shop of my choosing, call them, and they would sort out the rest.

I called my local shop, who were complete w*&$ers! and refused be of any real help and demanded that I drop it off at exactly 9am 2 weeks from the date I called. I have had some dealings with them in the past and have always been treated rudely.

So, After a quick search I discovered Loudon Motorsports in Leesburg VA. and called them. These guys were absolute stars! Super nice and efficient. When I made my initial call to see if I could drop it off and if i could do it immediately, the guy on the phone apologized that he could not get to my bike that day but would make a priority of getting a guy on it first thing the next day. So, I dropped it off, they did all the footwork with my insurance company (Allstate).

To make a long story short, I picked my bike up from the dealership and the bike looks perfect. I swear it looks better than the day I bought it. The guys at the dealership are awesome! their customer service is some of the best I have ever had and are just a bunch of genuinely nice blokes.

As for my insurance company, the dealerships total bill came to a few bucks over the check they had received from Allstate, and I was supposed to pay them my 100$ deductible. But the amount was so minimal the insurance company just went ahead and covered the difference. How awesome is that!

I just wanted to spread the word of how great these guys were. For the record I have absolutely no affiliation with either of these companies but I am an extremely happy dude right now.

Capn Kirk 04-04-2014 04:33 PM

Awesome outcome!! :thumb: You should post the name of the crappy shop so others can steer clear.

aka Yamadog 04-04-2014 05:05 PM

Congratz! Good dealers are hard to find these days!

Arion 04-04-2014 09:31 PM

Glad to hear things worked out so well. It's reassuring to hear good news now and then.

gnarshread 04-05-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capn Kirk (Post 566185)
Awesome outcome!! :thumb: You should post the name of the crappy shop so others can steer clear.

I hate to name names but I guess I will. The crappy dealership is Valley Cycle Center in Winchester VA.