Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

My version of an "el-cheapo" top box!!

5K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
Bought it at SEARS, it's a "Stack-on" TOOL BOX...LOL Cost...a whole $26.00!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
I thought about that Scott, but the paint would cost more than the box!! LOL. Besides, it has a stainless steel diamond plate finish front and back, and it kind of looks.......ok.......BTW...how the heck are 'ya?...can't wait for another group ride...!!!:)

"Obviously you don't care what others think and it works for you"....

Well, yes and no. I do care what others think, but in this case, it serves the purpose and keeps my money where it belongs...in the bank. If you don't like it, that's ok, I didn't put it there for you to use. LOL. If I get sick of it, I can unbolt it and give it to my 8yo......:)

#5 ·
I like it.:thumb::thumb:

#7 ·
You get a solid B+ for creativity!! If it works for you then carry-on Bro.

How exactly did you attach it to the rack?

Anyone know if there is a simple quick-release platform for the Givi rack. I want to do somethig similar to what Redline has done but would really like for it to be quick release. Any Ideas?

#9 ·
I agree. Being in the "over 50" crowd does have its merits. I merely used the three holes in the SW Motech rack, drilled it through the box and used a piece of 3/8" king starboard material for some added rigidity. I am pleased with the end result thus far. We'll see how it holds up. :)

#18 ·
Port-a-Potty?????????

#16 ·
Personally I like your "stack-on" toolbox mod. Granted, my wife calls me a "*******", but I think it's got potential. I might just do this just so I can get some eyes rolling from my BMW brethren. Side note, I turn 40 this month... the downward spiral of not caring what people think has begun... :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.